PECO announce new 00 scsale code 75 bull head flex track

Rate this topic

Junctionmad

There has been proper scale track available for quite some time http://www.finescale.org.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=346_375_383

and points http://www.marcway.net/point.php.

Just now a mainstream manufacturer makes the track - but not the points. They are only 40 years too late

Personally, I think this committment is down to the fact that almost all modern stock comes with finer-scale wheels (compared to pizza-cutter wheels that demanded code 100).

Edited by Blaine

There has been proper scale track available for quite some time http://www.finescale.org.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=346_375_383

and points http://www.marcway.net/point.php.

Just now a mainstream manufacturer makes the track - but not the points. They are only 40 years too late

Personally, I think this committment is down to the fact that almost all modern stock comes with finer-scale wheels (compared to pizza-cutter wheels that demanded code 100).

Well ,to date if you wanted bullhead rail , the options were C&L and SMP. Historically these have been thin ( 0.6mm) sleepered track, which has been quite fiddly to lay and has very little strength. matching this with home built points, which were typically copper clad, still left things out visually.

Now C&L has released 1 metre thick sleepered flexi, using its exactoscale fast track bases as a basis is for this track. Its pricey at £6.50 ( with their enhanced nickel quality rail ) This is a great looking flexi. Also there are /were strong rumours that DCC concepts was/is about to release a RTL 00 track work , to UK bull head outlines.

as a result of this , I suspect PECO have moved to release a 00 scaled track as opposed to their existing H0 scaled track. Since code 75 PECO has been around for a long time, I dont think the timing has anything to do with wheel flange depth, its is notable however that the profile of the " chair" in the new 00 PECO track has the inside rail clamp, reduced down to ensure the pizza cutter wheels can still run

Well ,to date if you wanted bullhead rail , the options were C&L and SMP. Historically these have been thin ( 0.6mm) sleepered track, which has been quite fiddly to lay and has very little strength. matching this with home built points, which were typically copper clad, still left things out visually.

Now C&L has released 1 metre thick sleepered flexi, using its exactoscale fast track bases as a basis is for this track. Its pricey at £6.50 ( with their enhanced nickel quality rail ) This is a great looking flexi. Also there are /were strong rumours that DCC concepts was/is about to release a RTL 00 track work , to UK bull head outlines.

as a result of this , I suspect PECO have moved to release a 00 scaled track as opposed to their existing H0 scaled track. Since code 75 PECO has been around for a long time, I dont think the timing has anything to do with wheel flange depth, its is notable however that the profile of the " chair" in the new 00 PECO track has the inside rail clamp, reduced down to ensure the pizza cutter wheels can still run

Judging by that reply its what you have heard, read or have seen. Its not actual experience that you have of any of the above track manufacturers. Looks like you have just trawled a few forums and copied and pasted what you have read about what someone else has said. So no real opinions brought to the discussion, just recycled material. Rumours mean very little. Wait until actual announcements are made

Ive worked with the C+L track and it is very good, along with Marcway points. Its been available for a long time. At least now its slightly more readily available than it was before

Judging by that reply its what you have heard, read or have seen. Its not actual experience that you have of any of the above track manufacturers. Looks like you have just trawled a few forums and copied and pasted what you have read about what someone else has said. So no real opinions brought to the discussion, just recycled material. Rumours mean very little. Wait until actual announcements are made

Ive worked with the C+L track and it is very good, along with Marcway points. Its been available for a long time. At least now its slightly more readily available than it was before

I'm not sure what you mean, or are you being deliberately nasty

FACTS

1 The track is announced and its dimensions have been ascertained

2 C&L new thick sleepered flexi is available ( I have some, I posted pics recently) ( this is completely different to the old C&L track )

3.C&L and SMP thin sleepered flexi has been available for some time ( I have some ) and used it before ( mind you C&Ls mould tool is broken)

4.I mentioned that DCC are rumoured to be considering a RTL track, yes its a rumour widely circulating on other fora and yes I said it was a rumour ( using their new stainless steel rail )

5.Code 75 rail has been available for a long time

Conclusion, its nothing to do with pizza cutter wheels as code 75 from PECO and others have been available for some time ( and this new PECO track is no finer then code 75)

its most likely that PECO are responding to the existence of competing products or potential products ( C&L thick sleeper, DCC possibly and also There are several other concerns that have indicated they were interested in 00 track , which I omitted because its not relevant )

I cant see what you are arguing against, or maybe you just dont like the fact that I believe your contention ( and thats all yours is, a contention) to be wrong

but hey , Ill ask Pete Llewellyn to copy you on my emails in future

Edited by Junctionmad

FACTS

1 The track is announced and its dimensions have been ascertained

2 C&L new thick sleepered flexi is available ( I have some, I posted pics recently) ( this is completely different to the old C&L track )

3.C&L and SMP thin sleepered flexi has been available for some time ( I have some ) and used it before ( mind you C&Ls mould tool is broken)

4.I mentioned that DCC are rumoured to be considering a RTL track, yes its a rumour widely circulating on other fora and yes I said it was a rumour ( using their new stainless steel rail )

5.Code 75 rail has been available for a long time

Conclusion, its nothing to do with pizza cutter wheels as code 75 from PECO and others have been available for some time ( and this new PECO track is no finer then code 75)

its most likely that PECO are responding to the existence of competing products or potential products ( C&L thick sleeper, DCC possibly and also There are several other concerns that have indicated they were interested in 00 track , which I omitted because its not relevant )

I cant see what you are arguing against, or maybe you just dont like the fact that I believe your contention ( and thats all yours is, a contention) to be wrong

Peco are far too late to the party. The only advantage they have is availabilty.

The rest of your arguements dont work with me so Ill simply ignore them,like most of your posts

OK...

Peco are far too late to the party. The only advantage they have is availabilty.

The rest of your arguements dont work with me so Ill simply ignore them,like most of your posts

This all stops now. There'll be an extended break handed out if it doesn't.

As for these...

Wow. You really told him there, didn't you?

Wars have started over less...

Don't worry Ed, the feeling is mutual..

You're all here long enough to know you're supposed to report posts you feel contravene forum rules instead of commenting/tackling them yourselves. It took someone who hadn't commented on the thread to finally click the 'report' button to bring it to our attention.

I'm leaving the thread open in the hope it can return to the original topic. If it doesn't, it'll be closed.

Will Peco follow through with the range of points to match? The current code 75 range in concrete sleeper is limited to medium points and flex track and they don't have any plans to do the rest of the range in concrete sleeper.

I think thats a good point. In other versions of streamline, at least you could mix points from the PECO range , so a concrete plain track could be legitimately mixed with timber points. But this new PECO track will look visually completely different ( longer wider sleepers and larger spacing ) and the only current points would have to be hand built to match.

I cant see too much PECO 00 new track being sold until they do make matching points.

dave

I think thats a good point. In other versions of streamline, at least you could mix points from the PECO range , so a concrete plain track could be legitimately mixed with timber points. But this new PECO track will look visually completely different ( longer wider sleepers and larger spacing ) and the only current points would have to be hand built to match.

I cant see too much PECO 00 new track being sold until they do make matching points.

dave

Dont forget the trainset market too. People will always want track, only the more seriously minded folk want it right.

Until relatively recently points still had wooden sleepers when the rest of the line was concrete so its not imperative they bring out concrete sleepered points