-
Posts
5,004 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
59
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Galteemore
-
Alphagraphix, beloved especially by 7mm modellers, now has a developing website ...https://www.alphagraphixkits.co.uk/.
-
Lovely work. I have one of those tube clamp cutters - very useful.
-
Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive
Galteemore replied to Glenderg's topic in Photos & Videos of the Prototype
-
Brookhall Mill - A GNR(I) Micro Layout
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
And the CIE weed sprayer -
Brookhall Mill - A GNR(I) Micro Layout
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Not so far fetched. Andrews of Comber kept going till about 1997 or so I think. And up to 1950 they had a siding on the BCDR main line... -
Brookhall Mill - A GNR(I) Micro Layout
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Some lovely GN atmosphere there Patrick -
-
-
-
Well done, those look terrific ! Nice and subtle.
-
Jouef HDI for 630 euro landed cost..... is this some kind of joke?
Galteemore replied to burnthebox's topic in Irish Models
Collectors have their own way of looking at things ...I bet this lady would pay a high price for this set which most of us wouldn’t give house room to. Having sold a lot of my children’s toys on the Bay (with their permission!) I am often amazed at what is considered ‘collectable’. I don’t get it myself, but then some might consider my counting and stamping out individual rivet heads rather odd.....some of us like researching trains, some of us enjoy collecting trains, some of us like running them, and some of us like building them. Some of us will have gone into palpitations because I said ‘train’ and not locomotives/rolling stock/railway infrastructure. And in any one of these scenarios the red mist of excess can descend. Which reminds me, I have planks to count... -
Taking shape nicely. That yellow sign is another ‘signature’ that marks it out as a specific location and time. Making me home sick now - haven’t been able to get to Larne for almost 2 year now. Maybe this year...
-
Atropos Models - large-scale Irish narrow gauge kits
Galteemore replied to NorthWallDocker's question in Questions & Answers
Not sure - here’s his phone no (UK) 01543 483045 and email atroposltd@aol.com He was scaling back some of his Welsh stuff a few years ago - don’t know what status of his Irish stuff is. -
Looking at my copy of the book, David, it appears that the rear part of the vehicle - furthest from the engine - was probably used as the pay office, with staff receiving pay at the rear door. I’d imagine a desk with a lifting counter across the doorway. Probably with racks on either side. A bank in one of the heritage villages such as Cultra or Beamish might give some inspiration as to the style of Victorian cash handling. @jhb171achill may remember banks like this - I know my dad does from his working life. The rear compartment with conventional seating and perhaps a toilet as you say. The safe may have been in either compartment - in such a small vehicle it’s equally vulnerable wherever it goes! Given the amount of interference that went on with the railways 1919-23, I’d be interested to know if it was ever stopped and robbed - it seems a very vulnerable and predictable target with such regular patterns of use. I wonder if they included a Royal Irish Constabulary/Garda Siochana escort - Irish Army more likely than police post 1922 I suppose given their armed status.
-
-
Sheer size of the drivers is also an issue - 6’8” !! Even bigger than an 800 class ....although to be quite honest I think stripping off the air pump, adding a smoke box door wheel, flying snail on the tender and lots of weathering, and she would look very passable indeed as a ‘generic’ Irish type 4-4-0.
-
Nice view of the late Olderfleet hotel too !
-
-
Wonderful Jim, I can almost hear the steady beat of that EE power unit. Nice to see the containers at stage left. All helps set the scene for modelling.
-
Excellent stuff. Recreating a real locale is challenging but doubly rewarding. You will find yourself learning much in the research and the building.
-
Not a million miles off a GSR/GSWR 301 class/D11 - in original form. Those Wainwright locos are things of real beauty and even those of us who prize the Irish 4-4-0 as the epitome of loco elegance must stop and pause! The big problem is the splasher design which doesn’t fit with much Irish practice.
-
It can be quite deceptive! The Clogher Valley tanks don’t look big but FourDees had to scale them down to fit 009 profiles: their website has an interesting contrast profile of the scaled down versus actual scale.........https://www.fourdees.co.uk/clogher
-
Some small Irish 3’ stuff will work out ok on 009 track - other larger prototypes will not! The Lough Swilly mega-tanks for instance, really need to be on 12mm track.
-
Excellent. Colin Boocock’s ‘Irish Railway Album’ contains a shot taken around the same time, inside the works, of the repaint under way.
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)