-
Posts
16,658 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
413
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by jhb171achill
-
“All very well for him, but it’s too high to lift these things. We’d be better waitin’ till it’s at the platform!” ”Ye goin’ to the game tomorrow?” ”Yeah, I suppose, but Carrick will beat us by ten points, I tell ya”. ”What about the dance - what’s that showband called again…?”
-
“See the state of PJ when Christy told him about the two wagons off the road up at the mill siding! Wouldn’t like to be in Paddy Connor’s shoes now!” ”PJ had his own moments as a shunter, though - that’s why he’s behind a desk now! Just ask him some time if he remembers the Macroom fair special in 1940!” . “Is John away to Canada yet? Haven’t seen him about…” ”NO!! He only put that story about! Sure ye know he ran off with some young wan from Cork half his age. They’re away up to Dublin!” “Talkin’ of young wans, see what’s after gettin’ into the other carriage?”
-
“Ah c’mon lads, I told ye already - get down, sure yiz could hardly walk straight out of O’Donoghues….. if ye don’t get down NOW and go home, I’ll ring the guards. Big McNulty will soon shift ye… . ”Sixty pounds, and it’s less than a year old, 1961 model. Does forty miles an hour! Sure a new one now’s over a hundred, I couldn’t afford that on my wages! How’s Agnes, by the way?”
-
In preparation for the annual Dugort Parish Knock Pilgrimage on Sunday, the excursion set rests overnight at the harbour station. At Tralee it will join another six, and the ten-coach train, two heating vans and a diner will trundle their way to Claremorris, via the North Kerry, Ennis and Tuam. Looks like a pair of 141s will end up on this. In 1966, there’s still the odd green coach to be seen.
-
Popeye, your Hunslet is a lesson in livery and weathering artistry of realism!
-
W O W ! ! ! ! ! ! !
-
On the Lough Swill line?
-
I heard that some stuff at least will go for scrap. In truth, it’s high time it did. If anyone wanted to preserve it they’d have done so long ago. As always, those who shout “Shame!” and “Pity!” loudest are the very folks who either can’t or won’t lift a finger themselves, let alone open their wallets!
-
CIE carriages in the 1600 number series
jhb171achill replied to Mol_PMB's question in Questions & Answers
Invaluable info! Well done. -
I hope he was a DCDR & ITG member.
-
Would anyone have an old bit of 12mm gauge track? All I need is about 2-3 feet of it maximum, doesn't matter what type or condition.
-
Sometimes they were even blacker...
-
That's the one..... known for the fact that every single locomotive, wagon and coach they ever possessed, ran in the wrong livery, and on the wrong gauge track.
-
That’s very long gone, I believe.
-
131 with RPSI. The Sligo railcar and two MGWR 6-wheelers are in store at Downpatrick. As far as I know, the rest long scrapped.
-
Well, I am well over 60, and have only one single memory of seeing one in traffic!
-
IRM Latest! H Van Heaven - Unfitted H Vans Next For Accurascale IRM!
jhb171achill replied to Warbonnet's topic in News
That’ll be some fleet, Mol! I’ve probably about 40 wagons at this stage…… dunno where I can keep them! -
Evidently not.
-
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
jhb171achill replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Yup! For the least interesting, as opposed to your MOST interesting, we gave several choices. 1. Watching paint dry 2. Watching grass grow 3. Watching a video of an over-talkative railway enthusiast spending an hour and a half, ninety mind-numbing boring minutes, opening a box, taking the wagon out of it, setting it on a table and walking around it, still wittering on about some inane nonsense…..! Of these, (1) and (2) are preferable….. -
When can we discuss the new-build BCDR 4.6.4T or is that a secret?
-
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
jhb171achill replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
This has got to be the best video relating to a model railway subject that I have ever seen! Love the specially composed music too - all in all, utter genius, both the layout, the video production and the music! -
Thought so - encouraging!
-
CIE carriages in the 1600 number series
jhb171achill replied to Mol_PMB's question in Questions & Answers
Fascinating stuff! -
At least the ITG have managed to secure one. Probably a static exhibit, I'd say - but with the moracles the ITG have been unveiling lately, including last Saturday, who knows! I wonder are any of the Sulzer engines in England of any use in terms of compatibility? I think B103's engine is largely gone?
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)