Jump to content

popeye

Members
  • Posts

    1,317
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    14

Everything posted by popeye

  1. The weathering really brings it to life. The oil cans are next? I think if they were dirty you would not notice them.
  2. Very nice paint job and looks great.
  3. You can blend in weathering powers and don't varnish over it. The real wagons are not varnished
  4. Excellent weathering on the roofs Can I just say that they all look very similar on the sides and if some light grey power was used on some wagons would help with variety. Not a criticism, I just think it would make them even better. I have attached a pic from Fred Dean to show what I mean.
  5. I have done one, still not finished and another not started. Good luck.
  6. Thanks Alan, That makes sense, now I know more about hornblocks
  7. I know nothing about hornblocks but, If they move up & down could you do without the compensation beam?
  8. It might be easier to 3D print the whole thing Body, Roof, Floor and Bogies.
  9. Great to see it in real life. Modelling of buildings, loco's, coaches and scenery were all top level.
  10. I will be at the Ulster Model Railway show this weekend and selling lots of second hand TTA wagons and 2 sets of 4 oil wagons that I have repainted, new transfers and weathered. Also some nice rail cranes some repainted and weathered. Hope to see you there.
  11. They look great and the roof detail does make them stand out from other models. Shades of green are always a problem. Mix your own to get the colour you are happy with. You can't go by photo's but it helps. In real life they were varied and aged so pick a shade you like.
  12. You do need to experiment with resins to find one that can flex enough without snapping. I have some CK Prints wagons and they are ok with putting wheels in.
  13. 4 wheel wagons don't usually need rocking W-irons and underframes could be made with a more flexible resin to get the wheels in.
  14. Very useful as the tops are not seen so much.
  15. Nice weather and nice weathering
  16. Nice models and look great.
  17. Kitchen worktop would work too.
  18. Hornby Hand Crane. These are old with black base and red or yellow crane. I have painted the whole thing grey and then weathered it. Removed the oversized chains and replaced with 0.5mm string. Little metal hand cranks have also been added.
  19. popeye

    75 Ton..JPG

    From the album: POPEYE'S ALBUM

  20. Beautiful work.
  21. New Projects. Some items that I have been weathering. 3 containers 1 x Dapol Cosco, 1 x Evergreen hand painted and 1 x Bachmann Consent. Hornby 75 Ton crane, the chains have been replaced with string since. Hornby TTA oil wagons, repainted, new transfers and weathered.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use