Where to buy OO 141s 181s 071s and A Class

Rate this topic

raymurph

19 hours ago, Noel said:

Methinks, Time for popcorn and just patiently watch to see what happens over the next few years.  Those of us modelling Irish stuff 10 years ago and earlier are perhaps very fortunate to have collected suitable stock to run on our layouts, whereas newer folks who entered the Irish hobby in the last 5 years are lumbered with scarcity and ebay prices. We are fortunate to have two excellent manufacturers still serving the Irish Outline scene (MM + IRM). The glass is more than half full the the RTR future looks bright with MM and IRM.

Quite and a lot of those folks have a fleet of babys so most likely would not be purchasing too many from a second coming...or would they!

@raymurph I was in the exact same boat a few months ago - looking to build up a fleet and nothing in production. Best bet is keep an eye open on this forum, get in touch with the contacts above and watch eBay :) 

I would definitely grab a couple of 121s from Marks before they are gone too - I’d even ring up and buy them as opposed to depending on a visit. At least then you’ll have something to play with :) Also they had some 071 sound decoders last week so perhaps grab one of those even before you find a loco, as they sell out quickly too ;)

Lastly Roads & Rails in the UK do quality sound decoders for 121s (two different engine types) as well as the 141/181 - I’ve bought a few and would recommend them :)

Best of luck, these locos do come available from time to time so patience is needed, bear in mind though you will likely need between €200-€400 per loco though, so start saving!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Quite and a lot of those folks have a fleet of babys so most likely would not be purchasing too many from a second coming...or would they!

IF there was a second coming I presume the locos would have different numbers, so I reckon there would be some interest but judging by new Hornby & Bachmann prices you could expect to be shelling out anything from €250 - €300 a pop.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Adrian said:

@raymurph I was in the exact same boat a few months ago - looking to build up a fleet and nothing in production. Best bet is keep an eye open on this forum, get in touch with the contacts above and watch eBay :) 

I would definitely grab a couple of 121s from Marks before they are gone too - I’d even ring up and buy them as opposed to depending on a visit. At least then you’ll have something to play with :) Also they had some 071 sound decoders last week so perhaps grab one of those even before you find a loco, as they sell out quickly too ;)

Lastly Roads & Rails in the UK do quality sound decoders for 121s (two different engine types) as well as the 141/181 - I’ve bought a few and would recommend them :)

Best of luck, these locos do come available from time to time so patience is needed, bear in mind though you will likely need between €200-€400 per loco though, so start saving!

Are the sound decoders limited runs or are they in constant production? since after all the actual decoder itself is going to be in constant production.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sean said:

Are the sound decoders limited runs or are they in constant production? since after all the actual decoder itself is going to be in constant production.

I have purchased 121/ 141/ 181/ 071 & 201 from Wheeltappers DCC sound in UK all in the last six months. I am waiting for two 071 SD to arrive today.

I have ordered A42 & 129/134 from Chris Dyer, he has a good stock of A Class / 121 locos.

Edited by Fowler4f

On 23/2/2022 at 2:36 AM, Sean said:

They are generally available all the time on Roas and Rails - looking earlier I can see you can get an 071 there too. 

If you look on Marks Models / IRM, most of the sound decoders for older locos remain sold out and come in sporadically. AFAIK Roads & Rails buy in blank LokSound decoders and have the sound files so they just add them to the decoders, add a speaker and sell them that way - hence they are always available :)

I have an Irish Railway Models A class #1111-007 in the Supertrain livery for sale.  I thought I would like to model an Irish Railway for a change as I have had OO and HO layouts in the past. 

Unfortunately, my situation has changed and we will need to move house so a layout is out of the question.

The engine has never been run and is still in its original box and would be considered new.  I had to take it out of the box to photograph it for the e-mail. I tried to paste a few photos in here but was not successful.  I will gladly add the photos to an e-mail if anyone is interested.

I paid $265.00 plus $40.00 in customs duty for the locomotive.  I do not want to make a profit, but only wish to recoup my money.  I can be somewhat negotiable.

If anyone is interested this is my e-mail, kbreddy1@cogeco.ca and telephone number is 1-519-332-6154.(I live in Canada) 

Regards,

Jack Breddy

• Like 2