"The Premier Rose" railtour 20th August 2022 | Dublin-Tralee-Return feat. mkIV set

Rate this topic

Niles

It's due in at 14:35 and out 17:35.

For those not travelling/would prefer to photograph from the lineside (which is fair enough) but who would like to support, we have a 'donation' ticket option to help fund the running costs so that we can handover more to the preservation groups at the end, amount at the donor's discretion. :)

https://www.tailtetours.com/events/the-premier-rose-railtour

• Like 1

Features on Saturday's tour have been confirmed to include:

• Irish Railway Record Society stand
  • County Donegal Railway Heritage Centre stand (I believe @airfixfan will have some lovely new books and badges for sale)
  • Clifton Flewitt's renowned railway book stall
  • Raffle (seriously, the prizes to be had will make it worth entering, @mphoey and @jhb171achill have managed to get some fantastic prizes thanks to some generous sponsors who'll be revealed soon...

If you haven't got your ticket for the tour you can still do so at:

https://www.tailtetours.com/events/the-premier-rose-railtour

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to congratulate the Táilte Tours team on a fantastic day out on Saturday on board the Premier Rose tour. Three of the IRM crew enjoyed the spin to the Kingdom but sadly we didnt find any roses. Still, we had a great laugh and were delighted to see that our raffle prizes found a good home too!

May be an image of 4 people, train and railroad

Looking forward to the next one!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A pleasure guys, the support was way beyond what any of us expected. It was heartwarming to see so much cross-cooperation from across the modelling community, the general enthusiast community, the heritage community, and Iarnród Éireann themselves (and I know some of you fall into all those categories!). 

We'll say more in time but for now all I can say is, the question has changed from 'if' we run a 2nd tour to 'when' we run a second tour. ;) 

Oh, little model-related tidbit, when I was arranging the headboard with the supplier we used a photo of a Bachmann Woolwich mogul as a reference.

Edited by Niles
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/8/2022 at 1:03 PM, Niles said:

A pleasure guys, the support was way beyond what any of us expected. It was heartwarming to see so much cross-cooperation from across the modelling community, the general enthusiast community, the heritage community, and Iarnród Éireann themselves (and I know some of you fall into all those categories!). 

We'll say more in time but for now all I can say is, the question has changed from 'if' we run a 2nd tour to 'when' we run a second tour. ;) 

Oh, little model-related tidbit, when I was arranging the headboard with the supplier we used a photo of a Bachmann Woolwich mogul as a reference.

How much was raised for the railways?

• Like 1