Modelling 6105 options

Rate this topic

kevin_gal

What would be the best starting point for creating a model of the mk3 DVT 6105? Are there any BR units that could be modded easily?  I believe 6105 is stored at Moyasta so I was thinking of maybe taking a trip down and get detailed photos. Although I wonder what state it is currently in...

Studio Scale Models have a Mk3 DVT windows kit, is this intended to be used on a standard mk3 coach?

http://www.studio-scale-models.com/img/K52.jpg

Edited by kevin_gal

6 hours ago, meathdane said:

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone got a guide on this kit/personal experience with it? 

I.e - what comes in the kit/modifications to the Chassis required 

The one I saw you get a lovely piece of wood for the chassis....

12 hours ago, kevin_gal said:

What would be the best starting point for creating a model of the mk3 DVT 6105? Are there any BR units that could be modded easily?  I believe 6105 is stored at Moyasta so I was thinking of maybe taking a trip down and get detailed photos. Although I wonder what state it is currently in...

Studio Scale Models have a Mk3 DVT windows kit, is this intended to be used on a standard mk3 coach?

http://www.studio-scale-models.com/img/K52.jpg

That is a good starting point, the cab is inclined ever so slightly back so you will need to remove the end of the Mk3 and make a new end, and the windscreen is the same size as a standard Mk3 window

BUT - I'd hang on for a year or two, as these have been announced by Murphy Models in RTR

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, meathdane said:

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone got a guide on this kit/personal experience with it? 

I.e - what comes in the kit/modifications to the Chassis required 

This is what you get from DC Kits;-

1749716312_DVR-0120220607_101000.jpg.25a3bf28b8200b0e5db2a9dd83dcbcb5.jpg

472026781_DVR-0220220607_101011.jpg.9c54f775f2ef3576b13e3080dd97fe10.jpg

The rest is up to yourself.

Eoin

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Blaine said:

BUT - I'd hang on for a year or two, as these have been announced by Murphy Models in RTR

Exactly this ☝️, if you buy one now, it’s garunteed to become next to worthless when the new one gets released. I would hold off and either wait for people to sell there old mk 3 DVT’s for the fraction of the price or buy the new Murphy models one.

• Like 1

My silverfox one came with set of etches for the sliding window frame units  and after flash removed from buffers was an easy repaint. I was going to use an older Jouef chassis as a starting point but then found tucked indie the body was a resin centre section belly tanks complete with cutout for the gen set.  So I cut some 2mm plasticcard as a chassis and was going to fit the jouef interior.    However this all in the to do mountain range as I was able to obtain 3 coaches and driver as rtr models in Silver fox boxes - and very good it is to. 

I will also support MM and his forthcoming MK3 models so will end up with  three.  So I guess  doing  the first two which had Linke Hoffmann- bushe dart style bogies would be "fun"  to vary the view.

Robert 

1 hour ago, Robert Shrives said:

So I guess  doing  the first two which had Linke Hoffmann- bushe dart style bogies would be "fun"  to vary the view.

Robert 

They did initially for Dublin suburban work with the 121's, which restricted them to 70mph but later gained the Mk3 BT10's when they needed to go faster with 201 power

• Thanks 1