JM Design February 2023 Announcement

Rate this topic

Mayner

A (very) small number of wagons are currently in stock and available on our website https://jmdesignmodelrailways.com/

Models available include, CIE 20T Goods Brake, Bulk Grain Ranks Ireland No2, GSR/CIE Std Open wagon, LMA & GSWR/GSR/CIE planked vans.

Despite a number of promising test prints, I have been unable at this stage to identify a manufacturing partner capable of consistently producing SLA (resin) prints of our wagons to a similar standard of quality to our original manufacturing partner.

Currently I am working on the CAD work for a set of etched brass parts for the GSWR 2740 Gal tenders built for use with the 60 Class 4-4-0s which were sometimes coupled to 52 (D17) and 101 (J15) class locos used on long distance work and am open to expressions of interest in the Tender and possibly a set of parts for a 60 Class loco.

Class D14 - 95 - Aspinall GS&WR Class 60 4-4-0, built 1885 by Inchicore Works - 1925 to GSR, 1941 rebuilt with Belpaire boiler, 1945 to CIE - withdrawn 1955.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

D'oh, missed out again!

Me too unfortunately. Well John did say very limited supplies, though honestly had the pricing been clearer I'd have ordered in time. Hey ho, hopefully the supplier issue gets sorted out and these come back into Production in larger quantities. My interest was in the 20T Brake Van and have to say it looks a much finer model than the IFM alternative.

• Agree 1

On 6/2/2023 at 7:41 PM, Leyny said:

Me too unfortunately. Well John did say very limited supplies, though honestly had the pricing been clearer I'd have ordered in time. Hey ho, hopefully the supplier issue gets sorted out and these come back into Production in larger quantities. My interest was in the 20T Brake Van and have to say it looks a much finer model than the IFM alternative.

The brake vans are exquisite:

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I presume that’s a wartime livery….

Its near enough the right colour for GSR / CIE, though if you wanted to go that route all you need is a number on the cabside instead of the tender, and a grey smokebox. Certainly does look “Irish-ish”…..

Presumably you removed the smoke deflectors that the British versions had? 

• Like 1