Pete Waterman's model railway: Leamington Spa

Rate this topic

Garfield

That guy's YouTube channel has lots of videos of the layout and some nice steam too. Been trying really hard not to buy a JLTRT kit for a while now, just glad I don't have the space for it at the moment!

The JLTRT kit's are top class Fran. One of the lad's in the MRSI built a MK11 kit a few years ago in BR blue, it is stunning. Pete Waterman did a series years ago on the History of Trains in the UK, it was well worth a watch and often gets repeated on Discovery Turbo. It's an interesting location to model as it would have seen traffic from all the big four companies.

Rich,

Got a link to that lunatic on RMweb Rich? ;)

Frans link is the one Richie (thanks Fran) he is an amazing modeller. As Fran has said the class 59 he super detailed is a man pushing himself to the limit. He even tried to recreate the cooling grille mesh behind the grille on the side of the loco. I have a love hate relationship between the class 59 and 66 locos. I love the 59's, and ain't to fond of the 66's.

Rich,

I wish I had more time today to go through his workbench "blogs" - (confusing layout over there) but from what I've seen and the few bits published in BRM and MR of late, his work is second to none. I loved the elastic band between bogie and chassis, and his method of slimming it down. A bit of lateral thinking never hurt a modeller! R.

• 2 weeks later...