Rate this topic

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wow!

Surely it's only a matter of time now before we see some of these locos together in a lash-up. :)

All 20 will be at a gathering in July. Looking forward to that!

I think I have a new favourite, a model one of these might look good hauling my Walthers 20th Century limited, mind you I do like my NYC E7s!

It's funny, on the boxes of the 20th Century Limited Walthers attribute the trademark of the NYC to CSX, so obviously both CSX and Norfolk Southern both own the trademark after they took over Conrail. Guessing CSX had no grounds to object!

005.jpg

001.jpg

005.jpg

001.jpg

i suppose this will be your next purchase for a paint job!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]861[/ATTACH]

from this to....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]862[/ATTACH]

this!

You should see what I'm working on at the moment! The horror...

Paint has since been stripped off, and some detail parts have been added, with more on the way. Going to take a lot of turd polish to turn this one around!

040.jpg

040.jpg

They're impressive machines alright Rich. No manufacturer does the most modern incarnation of the GE Gevo yet, but I think these heritage paints will change that. Both Athearn and MTH will be doing the SD70ACes at some point I'm sure. Overland Brass are doing a limited run of all the locos, maybe if I win the lotto I'll sign up!

Both locos are big rivals but share common parts, like the air dryer filters (saleem I believe) and even the windscreens. The railroad companies hold big sway when it comes to demanding common parts. I like the GEVOs and have a couple of Intermountain BNSF locos, but the ACes sheer ugliness is more impressive and wins out for me!

They're impressive machines alright Rich. No manufacturer does the most modern incarnation of the GE Gevo yet, but I think these heritage paints will change that. Both Athearn and MTH will be doing the SD70ACes at some point I'm sure. Overland Brass are doing a limited run of all the locos, maybe if I win the lotto I'll sign up!

Both locos are big rivals but share common parts, like the air dryer filters (saleem I believe) and even the windscreens. The railroad companies hold big sway when it comes to demanding common parts. I like the GEVOs and have a couple of Intermountain BNSF locos, but the ACes sheer ugliness is more impressive and wins out for me!

Fran you are spot on regarding the air dryers. The company that manufacture them are Graham White of Salem Virginia. I have to admit that I am beginning to acquire an interest in Railway prototypes from across the Atlantic. I did have a passing interest many years ago in the B&O Railroad Company.

Rich,