What does everyone think of my layout

Rate this topic

Seanw12

Consider doing an open frame type of baseboard Sean. That way you are only taking strip wood and narrow strips of materials up the spiral stairs, rather than large sheets. Check out Iain Rice's book Finescal in Small Spaces for ideas - there is a wealth of good stuff there. Alternatively browse the magazine racks [no need to buy them all!] as bound to be some tips there too re layout/baseboard design.

Sean it's a great looking start to a model railway and lovely smooth running with the 201 and carriages. You can add on more track, scenery etc as time, finances and space allow. On the latter, you could consider the services of baseboard Dave who can work wonders in creating double and triple deck running space for your trains. Well done.

Lights for a loco, prototypically, would be just front head and ditch lights when running with load, or head lights, ditch lights, and rear red markers when running light.

Actually, I remember the 111s frequently running with red lights even when they were pulling the gatwicks! Any reason for this?

What Sean is saying is that he had all the lights on at the same time because he felt like it. He's already said there's nothing wrong with the decoder.

I was just curious as to which decoder he was using. The headlights are directional, you shouldn't be able to turn on both ends at once!