Bachmann Exclusives EFE CIE Leyland PD2

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

This bus has been out a long time now,made by EFE.One on ebay at the moment.The only difference is the destination.:confused:

And different fleet number, registration, advertisements, location (Galway) - in fact a whole new identity.

Edited by Tarabuses

Quote: This bus has been out a long time now,made by EFE.One on ebay at the moment.The only difference is the destination

looks like someones trying to knock the model already.....no wonder the Model Manufacturers are reluctant to produce irish models

Quote: This bus has been out a long time now,made by EFE.One on ebay at the moment.The only difference is the destination

looks like someones trying to knock the model already.....no wonder the Model Manufacturers are reluctant to produce irish models

Not knocking the model,just stating that there was a Pd2 similar out before but different features.:mad:

I didn't read it that way at all.

I've read through the post a few times to make sure I haven't missed anything... I don't see any negativity regarding the quality of the model.

I believe this model has appeared as:- 8, Dalkey and 45, Bray. Both models were in the Green and Eau-de-Nil version if CIE's Livery. Both the Bolton and Capetown versions of the CIE PD2 have been produced in the past. Remember these buses were imported complete from Leyland Motors, thus they are a model of UK buses that are nearly identical to the CIE versions of 1948 and 1949. These buses were purchased to expand double deck use Eg, Routes 9,10,11 and 18, and also replace the trams on routed 14,15 in 1948 and routes ,6,7.8 in 1949.

In my opinion, I welcome this version of the model. It is perfectly suited to a scene in Dublin where it is being inspected by the carriage office of An Garda Siochana. It was their duty to inspect all Public Service Vehicles prior to their entry into service, be they new , repaired, or refurbished vehicles.

There is a photograph in Cyril McIntyre's book of such an incident.

Having written the above comments, I'm uncertain of the fact that these vehicles, Leyland PD2's served in Galway in CIE Green. I believe they were in service, in Galway, in Blue and Cream. Furthermore Galway Garage had their own version of this colour scheme.

Regards to all,

David J. White.

Edited by Old Blarney

Minister-for-hardship,

Jim Poots did produce two versions of the P Class, front entrance and rear entrance. Don't know if he has any of these at present. Do you have his contact details?

The CIE P class is unique, however you may find there are some UK single deck models that are similar to the GNR Park Royal AEC Buses and coaches, however they will need to be repainted.

I'm not aware of any single deck ready-to-run versions in Irish buses for the periods 1945 to 1956 or thereabouts. Some of the Scottish Buses, Walter Alexander, are similar to Irish buses as they had an agreement with the DUTC and CIE for bodywork. You may wish to trawl various sites for more information on these models.