vandals caused a rockfall which led to a train derailing near Bray

Rate this topic

snapper

Iarnród Éireann has said vandals caused a rockfall which led to a train derailing near Bray station in Co Wicklow last night.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0709/629474-dart/

Iarnród Éireann has said vandals caused a rockfall which led to a train derailing near Bray station in Co Wicklow last night.

Results of early investigations suggest that rocks were dislodged from a boundary wall above the railway at Bray.

The line reopened at 9.50am after being closed overnight, and all services are now running normally.

Last night's 11.10pm DART service from Greystones in Co Wicklow to Connolly Station in Dublin hit boulders about a mile south of Bray station.

Two sets of wheels on the four-carriage train came off the track as a result.

33 passengers and a driver were onboard, however nobody was injured.

Up to 1,500 passengers experienced travel disruption this morning as a result.

Iarnród Éireann is asking for anyone with information relating to the incident to contact gardaí as they are looking into the matter.

What amazes me is that there were 33 passengers from Greystones on the train - the 23:10 from the town. Was there a festival or something on down there (a Garth Brooks concert perhaps)?

Who knows what it was... but just like Garth Brooks concert, it kinda came off the rails... :P

look lads this forum is run by a click that have all the say, anything i post

is over rulled or as above [not relivant]??? sad sad stuff!!

The thread is about a DART derailment, and while some users drew funny comparisons to the Garth Brooks concerts, your post had nothing to do with the derailment at all, and so was veering off-topic. There are links to the forum's rules all over the site, so you really have no excuse not to be familiar with them at this stage... but then again, seeing as you chose to ignore PMs from mods in the past, and how you're just back from a ban for verbally abusing another mod, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Do not respond to this post on the thread. If you have a grievance, take it up via PM.