Electric picnic

Rate this topic

heirflick

well they say you havent lived till youve been to the electric picnic - and thats so true!. with the kids gone there for the weekend, me and 'she who must be obeyed' went for the day on Sunday. i was the best organised event that i ever seen, from the parking, dropdown points, pedestrian entrences, security and not to forget the clean-up crew. loads of great bands (very loud i might add!).. stalls, food halls and more beer tents than you could poke a stick at. we found a lovely spot called 'Body and Soul' and we sat there for hours listening to trad irish music - pure mule! went to the main arena to listen to Lilly Allen and she was brilliant - she really got the crowd going=D what really surprised me was that with all the drinking that was going on - nobody was drunk and there was no trouble at all - just thousands of folk having a great time. we would love to have stayed longer but that dirty little four letter world bekoned....work!:(( anyway, heres to next year!:cheers:

Fair play Heirflik! Was there myself yesterday, and as a seasoned Picnic-er I remembered to book Monday off too! So just surfacing now! Saw Lilly Alan, great performance but she isn't looking the best. Beck was the highlight for me, brilliant live set up and really really loud!

The Electric Picnic really has something for everyone- glad you enjoyed it so much!

Fair play Heirflik! Saw Lilly Alan, great performance but she isn't looking the best.

......thats because you were looking at her upsidedown through a half empty beer glass......one of many i'd say:rolleyes: - just back from a second run picking up my troops - you wanna see the cut of them!!!!!!

I managed to catch some of the highlights an TV Saturday night. Although it is never the same as being there. Nile Rodgers and Chic were amazing, would love to have seen Blondie. I loved that whole CBGB's scene in New York, Blondie, Talking Heads, The Ramones, Television. Glad you had a good time lad's.

Rich,

...my son just arrived - looks loke something that was lost in the jungle for a few months...and already looking for money to buy tickets for next year!.....oh to be that age again! (but i reckon we could still give the young ones a good run for their money!!!:cheers:)

As someone once said, Youth is wasted on the Young,

Went along sunday myself , as with all previous years a super event great crowd , no a hint of trouble , enjoyed al the perfomers a bit dissappointed with Lily Allen and her liberal use of the 'F' word between songs , for a wonderful singer and fab lyrics she let herself down especially with so many people with kids there.

i suppose its just showbiz using the 'F word' and a way of 'shocking' the crowd..(as if anything would shock us irish!) anyway i dont think many people minded - at one stage the PP fr. Byrne was chatting to us during her concert and he was having a ball!:)