New Apprentices.

Rate this topic

My stepdaughter works with Network Rail as a track engineer, 10,000 applicants for 240 jobs! being femail helps a lot these days in engineering proffesions. Hated being down at Portsmouth for the theory sessions but now she is qualifed, likes the job, is good at it and the money is staggering! Who knows where she will be in 20yrs "cos the poential is global. So heirflick, go to it with your daughter and your son has missed an oppertunity but maybe something else will come along.

My stepdaughter works with Network Rail as a track engineer, 10,000 applicants for 240 jobs! being femail helps a lot these days in engineering proffesions. Hated being down at Portsmouth for the theory sessions but now she is qualifed, likes the job, is good at it and the money is staggering! Who knows where she will be in 20yrs "cos the poential is global. So heirflick, go to it with your daughter and your son has missed an oppertunity but maybe something else will come along.

thanks mike! Irish railway archive vol 1 -6 are by her bedside as I type!:rolleyes:

IÉ takes on 13 new apprentices, almost doubling the number of staff aged under 40.....

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/back-on-track-irish-rail-welcome-first-new-employees-in-a-decade-1.2056904#utm_sguid=147281,965a675a-484a-f987-ead0-18009b990e05[/QUOT

the good Old Reliable Staff are the best:banana:

Yet it seems there's no suitably qualified Irish CEO to head up Iarnrod Eireann?