Photographic Website Updates

Rate this topic

Evening all,

Round up of photos from the last few days:

Wednesday 19th June 2013:

An evening walk in Derryounce Bog. The BnM railway which runs through the bog could do with a visit of the Weedspray train!

Thursday 20th June 2013:

22055 at Portarlington and 3026 crossing Sean Heuston Bridge.

Saturday 22nd June 2013:

Several photos of the 1130 Waterford - Westport Ety. Timber train at Cherryville Jct., Kildare and Clara.

All photos now online at http://smu.gs/12hY0jY

Enjoy,

The Wanderer.

Good evening,

On Friday 28th June Hansfield Station opened for business after standing idle for three years due to the lack of an access road to the station.

The Station is served by 24 trains towards Clonsilla / City Centre and 21 trains from City Centre / Clonsilla Monday to Friday. On Saturday's the service is a shuttle all day to/from Clonsilla with 16 services to Clonsilla and 17 services from Clonsilla. A similar pattern exists on Sunday with 13 services to Clonsilla and 12 services from Clonsilla.

The station was officially opened by Leo Varadkar T.D. Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport who is a local T.D. in the area.

Pictures of the opening are now online at http://smu.gs/10rn7EO

Pictures from the rest of Friday are at http://smu.gs/10rnYoX and include:

- LUAS Red Line services being delayed at Benburb Street due to the emergency services attending an incident.

- LUAS Trams in the International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) in Dublin's Docklands.

- Docklands Station which is served in Peak Hours only to/from M3 Parkway.

- M3 Parkway.

- Connolly.

- Skerries to see the afternoon Tara Mines trains (071 & 086), plus the 1235 Enterprise from Belfast, local Commuter services and empty ICR's from Drogheda Depot.

- 8100 Class EMU's at Tara Street.

- Heuston Station.

Enjoy,

The Wanderer.

A day of mixed fortunes in the Sunny South East. After travelling to Wexford in the morning to photograph the Panel Train from Wexford to Portlaoise, it turned out it was cancelled due to no driver being available. Several cars were reported to have done U Turns on the N11 Dublin - Wexford Road after the news broke.

As I knew the 1130 Waterford - Westport Ety. Timber was operating and the original plan to get it near Waterford now impossible due to lack of time, plan B was put into action. Up to Enniscorthy, perfectly timing it to photograph the 0940 Connolly - Rosslare Europort passenger and then cross country via the R702 and L3001 roads to Muine Bheag and I arrived at Fenniscourt with only minutes to spare for the nice surprise of 209 on the timber. A good end to the day.

http://smu.gs/10FBEgb

Enjoy!

The Wanderer.

A day of mixed fortunes in the Sunny South East. After travelling to Wexford in the morning to photograph the Panel Train from Wexford to Portlaoise, it turned out it was cancelled due to no driver being available. Several cars were reported to have done U Turns on the N11 Dublin - Wexford Road after the news broke.

As I knew the 1130 Waterford - Westport Ety. Timber was operating and the original plan to get it near Waterford now impossible due to lack of time, plan B was put into action. Up to Enniscorthy, perfectly timing it to photograph the 0940 Connolly - Rosslare Europort passenger and then cross country via the R702 and L3001 roads to Muine Bheag and I arrived at Fenniscourt with only minutes to spare for the nice surprise of 209 on the timber. A good end to the day.

http://smu.gs/10FBEgb

Enjoy!

The Wanderer.

Those were great pics of 209, I got a video of it yesterday on the DFDS liner. Do you know when the rail train is departing and what route it is taking?

Thanks.

That Panel Train won't depart until next week somestage. Only one route it will take and that's via Connolly. Why go via Waterford when A: far more resource intensive to operate over the mothballed South Wexford. B: Two run arounds required at Rosslare Strand / or Europort and Kildare compared to a straight run up the DSE, around North Dublin and then down the GSR to Portlaoise.

The Wanderer.

Thanks.

That Panel Train won't depart until next week somestage. Only one route it will take and that's via Connolly. Why go via Waterford when A: far more resource intensive to operate over the mothballed South Wexford. B: Two run arounds required at Rosslare Strand / or Europort and Kildare compared to a straight run up the DSE, around North Dublin and then down the GSR to Portlaoise.

The Wanderer.

I was thinking that alright, I just wanted to be sure. But why would they have a Waterford driver? That was what led me to believe it was going via Waterford. Thanks for the reply

Because Waterford Drivers Depot cover Rosslare Drivers Depot for sickeness, Annual Leave etc. So a number of drivers know the Rosslare line to provide cover when required.

A Portlaoise PerWay Driver was to take the train forward from Connolly.

Thanks for the info. Hope you catch the panel train.

Evening all,

I've uploaded a number of shots taken over the last few days:

Includes:

- 077 + 223 with HOBS in Cork

- 081 + IWT at Ossory Road

- 231 on Enterprise duties

- Hansfield station (opened 28 June 2013)

- DART services at Dún Laoighaire & Dalkey

- 086 at Drogheda

- 2807/08 in East Cork

F.

Evening all,

A round up of pictures from the last couple of days.

Saturday 06th July 2013:

While heading back to the Midlands from Waterford I caught 22038 at Cloney with the 1835 Heuston - Waterford.

Monday 8th July 2013:

22017 0800 Heuston - Cork at Portarlington.

Wednesday 10th July 2013:

232 hauling failed Tamper 744 from Newbridge to Kildare via Sallins.

Photos begin at: http://smu.gs/153L7NZ

The Wanderer.

Morning all,

Following a G.A.A. Match in Limerick on Sunday between Cork - v Limerick the 06.00 Cork - Heuston service on the Monday was formed of 3x3 ICR sets (22012 + 22006 + 22053) to get sets back to the Dublin area. 9 car passenger working has been permitted since September 2009 between Dublin - Cork & Tralee but it has rarely been used. This was the 3rd passenger working of a 9 car formation, but the first to operate to plan.

http://smu.gs/14Tbpne

The Wanderer.

Heir,

As I put in the description. It was purely a positioning move to get 22053 back to Heuston after weekend G.A.A. duties. It was the most efficient way of getting the set back to Heuston, tag it on to the 0600 ex Cork and it saved a driver as well :)

The Wanderer.

Heir,

As I put in the description. It was purely a positioning move to get 22053 back to Heuston after weekend G.A.A. duties. It was the most efficient way of getting the set back to Heuston, tag it on to the 0600 ex Cork and it saved a driver as well :)

The Wanderer.

thanks for that neil....must go to specsavers when i get the chance!

great pics there finbar - love the two 071's in different liveries double heading! i can only asume that one failed.

073 was brought along for the spin. It was started up later on for the Cobh/Midelton section as there is no runaround anymore.

Good moring all,

The latest photos from a weekend in the south west of Ireland are now online.

Featuring:

- Farranfore.

- Brewersfield (Killarney - Rathmore)

- Stagmount Crossing XT88 (Killarney - Rathmore)

- Curraghrour West Crossing XT22 (Killarney Jct. - Banteer).

- Ivy Bridge (Mallow - Rathpeacon).

- Glounthaune

- Waterrock (Carrigtwohill - Midleton)

Highlights include 2600 class 2611 + 2612 covering Tralee line services on the Saturday morning instead of 22063 which failed on the Friday evening.

The photos begin at http://smu.gs/14lPGkf

Enjoy!

The Wanderer.

Afternoon all,

With the recent upgrade to Smugmug it has allowed me to refresh and make a few changes to the website. Click to see the changes for yourself.

Just a couple of pictures to start August 2013 off with a visit to Carn Bridge, near Portarlington on Friday afternoon.

Also, with the changes to the website I have been able to add a links page to the website . If you would like a link to your website please drop me a PM and I'll add you to the page.

Enjoy!

The Wanderer.

Good evening all,

A few photos from around the Portarlington area from Sunday & Monday of the August Banl Holiday weekend.

- G.A.A. Specials on the Sunday evening at Ballykillane & Shanderry.

- DFDS Liner at Shanderry.

- Up & Down afternoon Westport services crossing each other at Geashill.

22060 + 22028 pass Ballykillane with the 1850 Heuston - Tralee G.A.A. Special. Sun 04.08.13

Also during the Bank Holiday weekend I visited the nearby Limetree Airfield, which were hosting the Flying in Ireland Magazine & NMAI Annual Fly In event. The highlight of the weekend was on the Sunday afternoon when one of the last remaining Irish Coastguard Sikorsky S-61 helicopter's (EI-SAR) paid a visit to the airfield.

Pictures and two videos at EI-BAV. FlyingInIreland & NMAI Annual Fly-In at Limetree Airfield, Emo, Co. Laois. Sat 03.08.13

Enjoy!

The Wanderer.

Morning all,

A few updates from me : http://www.flickr.com/photos/finnyus/

Includes:

- three RPSI related short video clips from Spare-Link Railtour and South Clare Railtour

- 2815/16 in East Cork

- recent clearence works on the former Cork, Blackrock & Passage Railway trackbed between Raffeen and Raffen Bridge to continue the Cork to Crosshaven walk and cycle way.

F.