Enterprise MK III Generators

Rate this question

Jawfin

Question

11 answers to this question

Yes they are all owned by NIR now. Refurb 9602 is back in service in the new livery and has the UK 70 code in it's EVN. Ireland's EVN code is 60.

NI Railways EVN Number on 9602. Sun 23.08.15

They were re numbered twice to keep track of what vehicle they were and also when they were added to the DD stock range they got even numbers as all NIR owned DD stock have even numbers. IE own all the odd numbered stock.

Edited by Railer

Thanks very much both :D Funny how NIR own them all - any reason for that?

Does anyone happen to have the particular year in which they were built, on that note?

I think it looks ok, not exactly striking - the purple and red make it noticable but not exactly memorable, if you know what I mean.

Thanks very much both :D Funny how NIR own them all - any reason for that?

Does anyone happen to have the particular year in which they were built, on that note?

I think it looks ok, not exactly striking - the purple and red make it noticable but not exactly memorable, if you know what I mean.

Administratively and maintenance wise, the stock is looked after by NIR and the locos by Irish Rail. 7601-7607 were buillt 1984-1986 in Derby (7 miles from where I used to live), whilst 7608-7615 were built in Inchicore from kits in 1986-1988. Makes sense for them to go over to NIR ownership

As for the livery, a full train would look good