Grange Castle's Vehicles

Rate this topic

• 4 months later...

Hi Grange castle,

nice collection of vehicles. I do like the Stobart trucks... such a ubiquitos site on Irish roads these days. Picked up one for my own layout. Must ask where did you source all the vehicle and transfers? It's tricky to come across half decent modern vehicles in the correct scale. No bother if your modelling the 50's or 60's thanks to Oxford diecast. I do like the 'Guinness Quality Team' Renault Traffic and Tesco truck... They would look good on any modern Irish layout :tumbsup:

Tom

Hi Grange castle,

nice collection of vehicles. I do like the Stobart trucks... such a ubiquitos site on Irish roads these days. Picked up one for my own layout. Must ask where did you source all the vehicle and transfers? It's tricky to come across half decent modern vehicles in the correct scale. No bother if your modelling the 50's or 60's thanks to Oxford diecast. I do like the 'Guinness Quality Team' Renault Traffic and Tesco truck... They would look good on any modern Irish layout :tumbsup:

Tom

Hi Shinkansen,

Thanks yeah modern Irish vehicles are VERY hard to find in fact almost impossible, the ones i have are nearly all one offs that i have photographed and found people to do them for me. The Guinness van didnt actually turn out the way i wanted but I think it will pass the test ! The Tesco truck i just happened to find on ebay and i picked it up for next to nothing. I found a guy in the UK ( blackpool ) and he did the Garda, DFB Ambulance and Guinness for me but unfortunately I've lost touch with him over the last year or so:((

However I found two more lads willing to do Irish stuff for me, one doing van transfers and one scratching building trucks for me. Currently on order is 3 different Stobart vehicles, 2 South Dublin County Council Trucks ( 1 Flatbed 1 Dumper with Hiab grab arm ) and a Guinness dray. Also a DFB fire engine based on Tallaght station's pump.

For me the Vehicles / Buildings are as important ( if not more so ) than the train rolling stock. I want everything to look like it fits together.

Heres the Guinness dray ( Not quite finished)

And heres the real thing

guinness 2.png

guinness 1.png

guinness truck.png

guinness truck.png

Edited by Grange Castle

• 3 months later...
Well Holy GOD.....Grange Castle......

That is a very impressive collection i must say.....Very Nice......Great Ideas there!!!

Cheers GSI345 :tumbsup: Have to say I love the road vehicles part of my collection I'm always trying to think of Irish modern vehicles to include. Theres a few more on the way, as soon as i have them i'll post up pics.

love the Stobart van. Did you do that yourself

Now Kevin you know I dont do anything myself =)) well not yet anyway, hoping to change that this year though ! Found it on ebay, loved it and i thought it would look good with the rest of the fleet. Also got a few more stobarts since the last photo i posted, including a tow truck, i'll try get pics up tonight if i get a chance.

Now Kevin you know I dont do anything myself =)) well not yet anyway, hoping to change that this year though ! Found it on ebay, loved it and i thought it would look good with the rest of the fleet. Also got a few more stobarts since the last photo i posted, including a tow truck, i'll try get pics up tonight if i get a chance.

:tumbsup:

Wow!!! A blast from the past could be the wide variety of CIE lorries from the late 60s to the 1980s with black cabs, silver grey bodies, and the CIE roundel on the cab doors - or even their predecessor - alll sorts of ancient lorries, vans and buses in green with "snails" - often practically too big for the cab door side!

stobart...next owner of irish rail?

I dont know about ' owning ' but ' running ', quite possibly. I definately think they will have a rail/freight operation of some sort up and running in the near future.

I'm trying to stay ahead of the game and stocking up my stobarts before they do go into railways here :D

I always think stobart are the marmite of the haulage world ya either love them or hate them ha ha

Your Stobart Fleet is increasing on a grand scale - love the horsebox :tumbsup:

Cheers Kevin, I love that one myself, also have the polo one in the standard fleet livery but my favourite is the Teletubby.

The fleet is growing nicely week on week, I think I've nearly double whats in the pic of the fleet earlier in the thread, six more due in the next week, just have to find a place to put them all....

Looking good Kevin, love the street scenes :tumbsup: I think between us we have more Garda vehicles than they actually have in real life =))

I've a couple more on the way in the next week or so, Now I've just to find a 1/76 segway.....

Those are ones I did myself. The range rover just changed the signs but the van I did a bit more work on although I am still trying to do the stripe decals.

I love your vehicles - You deffo need something to display them on - Need to start on a baseboard

• 1 month later...

Hi Kevin, yes its from the Atlas range, photos are muck and dont do it justice. A few more Atlas Stobarts to be released, including a container stacker which I'm dying to get my hands on ! Also picked up a stobart tanker which is nice too. This Atlas/stobart collection is having a great knock on effect for oxford with all the new castings available for oxford to hammer out, e.g horsebox, fridge cab/trailer, container stacker.

I'll try and get a pic soon of all my stobarts together.

Also picked up a Class 66 Stobart rail loco and a rake of 8 megafrets with stobart/less co containers which will start off my Irish Rail/stobart partnership :banana:

Hi Kevin, yes its from the Atlas range, photos are muck and dont do it justice. A few more Atlas Stobarts to be released, including a container stacker which I'm dying to get my hands on ! Also picked up a stobart tanker which is nice too. This Atlas/stobart collection is having a great knock on effect for oxford with all the new castings available for oxford to hammer out, e.g horsebox, fridge cab/trailer, container stacker.

I'll try and get a pic soon of all my stobarts together.

Also picked up a Class 66 Stobart rail loco and a rake of 8 megafrets with stobart/less co containers which will start off my Irish Rail/stobart partnership :banana:

Biomass Stobart model is class.

I picked up the tanker myself from the Stobart Club, got it Friday in the post!

Any other info Jonny on what else is in the pipeline?

Biomass Stobart model is class.

I picked up the tanker myself from the Stobart Club, got it Friday in the post!

Any other info Jonny on what else is in the pipeline?

Hi Brian, yeah a few of the models will make it to the the club shop however some will remain " Atlas Exclusive" I've been told. But no-one seems to be sayin which ones. The tanker is a nice model think i'll be picking up a few more as if rumours are to be believed the tankers are to hit irish roads soon.

I got a list way back of the planned Atlas releases however there have been changes and nothing is confirmed,

4649101 Volvo FH GXL 6x2

4649102 Scania Topline

4649103 Atkinson Border

4649104 AEC Ergo Tipper

4649105 Volvo FH12 Box Mode

4649106 Man TGX Curtains

4649107 Atkinson 6-Wheel

4649108 Man 4-Wheel Box

4649109 Scania Horsebox

4649110 Ford Cargo 4-Wheel

4649111 Scania 94 6-Wheel

4649112 Scania Horsebox

4649113 Van Hool DD Coach

4649114 DAF 2800 4x2 Curtain

4649115 DAF 2200 4x2 Curtain

4649116 Ford Cargo 4 Wheel

4649117 DAF 2800 4x2 Cur

4649118 DAF 2200 4x3 Cur

4649119 Iveco Eurostar 4 Wheel

4649120 Train

4649121 Scania Top Line Drawe

4649122 Scania 96 6 Wheel

4649123 Yamaha XS Eleven

4649124 Transit X 2 Merc

4649125 Volvo 6 Wheel Cur

4649126 DAF FA95 Drawbar

4649127 Mercedes Box

4649128 Scania Topline Box

4649129 Scania 112/113 4x2

4649130 Man 4 Wheel Box

Now make of that what you will, I've heard 2 versions of what the " Train " will be one is sayin its a non powered model of an engine or rolling stock the other is sayin it that it is a stobart rail livery vehicle which could be the container stacker. I've also heard there is a car transporter on the way but i havent been told yet if its in the atlas range or not.

Hope this is of some help

Regards

Jonny.

Hi Brian, yeah a few of the models will make it to the the club shop however some will remain " Atlas Exclusive" I've been told. But no-one seems to be sayin which ones. The tanker is a nice model think i'll be picking up a few more as if rumours are to be believed the tankers are to hit irish roads soon.

I got a list way back of the planned Atlas releases however there have been changes and nothing is confirmed,

4649101 Volvo FH GXL 6x2

4649102 Scania Topline

4649103 Atkinson Border

4649104 AEC Ergo Tipper

4649105 Volvo FH12 Box Mode

4649106 Man TGX Curtains

4649107 Atkinson 6-Wheel

4649108 Man 4-Wheel Box

4649109 Scania Horsebox

4649110 Ford Cargo 4-Wheel

4649111 Scania 94 6-Wheel

4649112 Scania Horsebox

4649113 Van Hool DD Coach

4649114 DAF 2800 4x2 Curtain

4649115 DAF 2200 4x2 Curtain

4649116 Ford Cargo 4 Wheel

4649117 DAF 2800 4x2 Cur

4649118 DAF 2200 4x3 Cur

4649119 Iveco Eurostar 4 Wheel

4649120 Train

4649121 Scania Top Line Drawe

4649122 Scania 96 6 Wheel

4649123 Yamaha XS Eleven

4649124 Transit X 2 Merc

4649125 Volvo 6 Wheel Cur

4649126 DAF FA95 Drawbar

4649127 Mercedes Box

4649128 Scania Topline Box

4649129 Scania 112/113 4x2

4649130 Man 4 Wheel Box

Now make of that what you will, I've heard 2 versions of what the " Train " will be one is sayin its a non powered model of an engine or rolling stock the other is sayin it that it is a stobart rail livery vehicle which could be the container stacker. I've also heard there is a car transporter on the way but i havent been told yet if its in the atlas range or not.

Hope this is of some help

Regards

Jonny.

Hi Jonny, thanks for the list. There are a few items I wouldn't mind adding to my own collection.

Car transporter, a definite yes from me. Lets hope so.

Lets hope I can get some of the above through the Stobart Club or even better still through the wholesaler I deal with for my business if an Oxford general release.