Familiar sound once on Irish Railways

Rate this topic

Sulzer201

It sounds very different to the GMs. Many of the Metro-Vicks were probably recorded after they had been re-engined with many of the earlier videos not having decent or any sound. If we assume for a minute that someone might produce an rtf A class at some point in the future it would be nice to have some recordings if they're comparable to the Irish diesels. I know there are some sound chips out there for the A class but not sure what they were recorded from?

It sounds very different to the GMs. Many of the Metro-Vicks were probably recorded after they had been re-engined with many of the earlier videos not having decent or any sound. If we assume for a minute that someone might produce an rtf A class at some point in the future it would be nice to have some recordings if they're comparable to the Irish diesels. I know there are some sound chips out there for the A class but not sure what they were recorded from?

"rtf"? :) Ready to fly, Kevin you must have been an RC modeller once upon a time

The A class sound chip from Mr Soundguy was recorded from a39,in Downpatrick back

a few years ago.

The loco was pushing the empty stock at the time.

I did post up a video from the cab,on

this site some time ago.

I recall someone telling me, back in the day, that they had just seen one struggle into Westland Row, ages and ages late as the locomotive (A7 I think) was very ill indeed; there was so much heavy black oily smoke that people on the platform thought it was a steam engine and you actually couldn't see the loco. Think what it would have been like under that roof breathing all that in! Needless to say, the loco was absolutely filthy as well.