New Look

Rate this topic

BosKonay

For those members who are finding the change a bit difficult or not as friendly to use please give it time you will become used to it and actually enjoy the time you spend on here. What Stephen has done here is take the group to a newer and higher level and has made a platform from which we as members and hobbyists can move forward together. Come on here and keep posting, the more you do the more I am sure it will grow on you. It is still the same group with the same members only upgraded to make it better. Enjoy it for what it is and it is a great group.

Rich,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As much as I dislike change, I will say that everything that we had is still there, albeit sometimes not where we remember it, but the many improvements are very worthwhile, particularly the photo uploading - no more Imgur links on here from me.

I wonder if my old Imgur links will work again at some point in the future?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Hi Broithe

in theory all external images should work the same as before. Are some broken?

Ah, they're back now. They were still missing yesterday.

And they load much faster than they were doing in the latter part of the Old Days.

I saw that they had been moved manually - they should all have the same settings - oddly, the Stafford exhibition ones are partly there - 2017 is all missing, but 2016 is all there - odd. Maybe it's just a time issue?

What I see when I look is just the 'tail' of the link  the (number).jpg, but not the start.

Mmm, I retract some of my approval for the new photo uploading arrangements. It works perfectly for the "ladies" camera that I keep in the car and use for closer access at exhibitions, but not for the "proper" camera that I used to take some pictures of the West Coast Main Line that runs a couple of hundred yards away from the venue.

I presume that size is the issue, though the error message just calls it a 'problem'. I could resize them, I suppose - what is the actual limit, though? I could use the existing Imgur link, as I have elsewhere, but that's https and doesn't work, either.

It took me a while to realise that I had used a different camera outside.

For reference, about 1M works and about 4M doesn't (for me).

8 minutes ago, scahalane said:

I should have them somewhere, although probably in different places. The alternative is for me to download them 1 by 1 from photobucket. Not sure where each image goes though.

If you save them down by topic they should be easy then to upload again here directly. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Stephen

I have had some lads asking about the missing pics on the Lima/Murphy Models thread

Is there any way I can edit the old posts to insert new pics?

Cheers

I think the only way is to fix photobucket?

otherwsie manually edit every missing image and re post the image?