Steam Loco's

Rate this question

BabyGM

Question

Can anyone tell me are there any RTR steam engines that can be modified to be Irish as I'd like to have some loco's to haul my Cravens and RPSI Mk 2's

My main interest would be RPSI loco's:

171 Slieve Gullion

085 Merlin

No.4

No.186

Edited by BabyGM
Additional Information

32 answers to this question

That's bloody sweet Anto, didn't think you were a kettle fan. In last months Model Rail, OnTracks are releasing an electrotren 0-6-0T with offset wheel centres, which could be converted to "Jumbo" the shunter, I think. It looks plausible, and for £49.99, is good value too.

That's bloody sweet Anto, didn't think you were a kettle fan. In last months Model Rail, OnTracks are releasing an electrotren 0-6-0T with offset wheel centres, which could be converted to "Jumbo" the shunter, I think. It looks plausible, and for £49.99, is good value too.

Big kettle fan mate check out the early part of my workbench you will see for yourself when you get up next week. Have you got a link to the electrotren 0-6-0

My bad, I meant Sambo, not Jumbo. Chassis appears right, and it would make a nice scratchbuild conversion. J. Mayner and RedRich may have more info.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/18279129_TbnP49#!i=1508041565&k=VVjs9JV

Looks closer to 'Argadeen' to my eye, lop off outside cylinders and fit pony truck?

Edited by minister_for_hardship

A Midland 2P = Dunluce Castle with little enough work I'd imagine.

I forgot about Dunluce Castle this is a Mainline 2P I bought for £15 on eBay repainted it I also went to Cultra with Hiddenagenda and photographed the real one and measured her up for the decals which were made for me by Railtec and are still available there. I even have the small manufactures plate on the front of the boiler

DunluceCastle008.jpg

DunluceCastle010.jpg

DunluceCastle012.jpg

DunluceCastle016.jpg

DunluceCastle044.jpg

SSM can provide numbers crests and lining for various GNR(I), GSR and CIE versions if you need them. And we have brass versions of the WT No.4 and J15 brass number plates.

Excellent, they will come in handy when I start on whatever loco I choose, Thanks:)

Can anyone tell me are there any RTR steam engines that can be modified to be Irish as I'd like to have some loco's to haul my Cravens and RPSI Mk 2's

My main interest would be RPSI loco's:

171 Slieve Gullion

085 Merlin

No.4

No.186

Do you mean something like this.

Enjoy.

Wiggy.