Bridehurst - SR Region 3rd Rail - Now no more.

Rate this topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 6:01 PM, Georgeconna said:

Currently building a Dapol windmill, surpising good for its age especially the brick engraving is still ok. It is based on a 17th century Mill called Pitstone Windmill,

I ordered a little 6V motor with gearbox from guess you know where,the package was wiped down before opening and it is glued in situ and will be glued directly to the sails. It is to be wired up to a cradle with 4 x 1.5V batteries should give a nice slow rotation.  No sure if there is DCC sound for a windmill yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitstone_Windmill

606_0602.JPG

606_0603.JPG

606_0604.JPG

image.jpeg

I have mucked about with some Scenery and laid some 3mm static grass to test the waters. However I mixed up some 8 and 12mm strands and had a complete failure with them refusing to stand up. I dont often have that problem. I'll hover them up and try again. I know the tree looks shite too but was trying some hedge cuttings.

anyhow nice to show the good with the bad every now and then!! I tend to be failing more the successing these days...

606_0610.JPG

606_0611.JPG

606_0612.JPG

The multi-levels look very effective.

• 5 months later...

Will I am Glad I did not Progress fast on this one, Turns out all the digital Cobalts I got have to go back for repair as they kept losing their addresses every time there was a short, all off them (13) bar 2  had to be re-adressesed each time, Right PITA. Some Component was snuck in apparently that was defective which was causing this to happen.

This should be fun with Brexit....

32 minutes ago, scahalane said:

Why don't you run them as anologue, far more fun.

Oh but the digitals are so much easier to wire just three wires from the point overhead direct to the motor underneath, no long cable runs back to switches, etc. The Analog ones require much more wiring.

• 4 weeks later...

Well got it out and it stikes you as a lovely model. Stuck it on the track and the sweet sound of Jet Turbines was jheard. Nice a smooth runner.

Cab lights and all that Jazz, The Lower 2 Front lights should not come on for Forward Travel and should be red for reverse running, The Tender lights are red.

after a while I noticed.....The Footplate, How the hell am I gonna fix that little bump I dont fancy trying to shovel a bead of Super glue under the etch there TBH. Once Slip and the finish will be goosed. Tis on both sides.

IMG_7195.JPG

IMG_7197.JPG

IMG_7200.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Might do it or Perhaps johnsons clear but I doubt they have the strength to hold this kink down.

I'll have to think of something though!

uh oh misses found the box it came in with, flipping value is on the outside. If you don't hear from by tomorrow call the cops! Slipped up big time mates.

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Funny 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Well I got back the Offending points motors but upon opening the box DCC concepts replaced them with brand new ones, Unreal Customer service there for sure! Also came through with no checks which is even better.  Great to see a Company looking after there customers like this!

no I could of done with vertically challenged person to be include in the box to get under the boards to re fit them!

image.png.3f7ef09ac53c7d5249be10cb5ecf901e.png

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is taking a lifetime length to get going. Took a break from the ship to bash in the remaining 6 point motors. Cobalt digital , Handy enough to stick in took a while to wire up and program each one before screwing them into the boards.

Now I have my 3 storage roads which is not near enough for the amount of junk I have. I have 7 Trains in there at the moment but I can fit another 2-bil and a hastings unit behind the Class 6.  I need to look at the seperate sections now next and add some copper PCB and cut the track across he basboard joints, I am not relishing the testing after that as I can see all sorts of trouble...

IMG_8362.thumb.JPG.9487beaa940fc65510ea0a27389ab7bc.JPGIMG_8361.thumb.JPG.b12ebb7fb3cf5dfc41635b040eba5ab1.JPGIMG_8360.thumb.JPG.2b95458bf0d69c3703cef41968d7d804.JPGIMG_8359.thumb.JPG.d8077cba00f8784c6f82995cd091f2df.JPGIMG_8357.thumb.JPG.5d6ea36c3422503e75bf3817dbd52787.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another 2 Parkside Vans on the go. Decals on the CCT and order a set for the other van. Missing 2 buffers for the CCT and Peco said they will post these out to me

The CCT had a nasty twist on the Chassis so some Hornby old rails were cut and glued in place lengthwise and then other rails were soldered width wise  whilst sitting on a glass tile. You can just see them through the window!  Nice a level now a, Interiors painted and lead cut up and glued down, They both run nice and will be a nice add on for my parcels train.

IMG_9210.thumb.JPG.025102a89988649cc9261e1e875b29c5.JPGIMG_9324.thumb.JPG.52730444fbd3350d42ecb59958ba3cd9.JPG

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Well I took the 47 out of the box and it works Sorted! Delighted with this as I had been looking for one for ages, Ok does not have interior light n suff, 8 sounds that is really enough for me!!

Forgive the click bait title, Just trying to get my own back!! LOL

Shite quality too btw.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Tis Bye Bye Dynamis and Hello NCE.

I will now be able to operate the A Class Headlight.....

IMG_3022.thumb.JPG.cbb15faa128aa8f018d1b26f6e0cbe77.JPGAll 

IMG_3021.thumb.JPG.72e18b4bcccde5c7b159581b83c605b1.JPG

Great system and can be expanded to 5 or 10 amps in the future if ever needed. IMHO best cab ergonomics available for sound locos where one needs quick access to up to 28 separate sound functions (ie configure option button as a dual shift key: option+option+3 for fn 23 is fairly quick to access. Great cab for eyes off tactile feedback when shunting and one wants to keep eye on loco rather than cab UI. Enjoy

• Like 2

Cheers Noel,

Loved the Dynamis TBH but things have progressed beyond the 20 Functions that provided, Only for that I would of kept it as it is dead easy to use. Less button Presses it seems than your option+Option+3 to select a Function over 10. Might of been different over 20 Functions though.

Just seen the Manual!!! :/

• Like 1

Quick one for you NCE Users.

When I switch between Locos the functions seems to reset, Light's and sound go off. any idea what thats all about? is there a Latching thing I need to do?  Tis ok See a Recall button that is the key to keeping the same Functions in Sitiu.

I must admit the Dynamis unit had a great display you could see the 20 functions and which ones were selected. The NCE not so but otherwise happy enough TBH.

And I got the A Class headlight, the Engine room Lights, the shunting lights on (after about 20mins!!)

Edited by Georgeconna

5 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Quick one for you NCE Users.

When I switch between Locos the functions seems to reset, Light's and sound go off. any idea what thats all about? is there a Latching thing I need to do?  Tis ok See a Recall button that is the key to keeping the same Functions in Sitiu.

I must admit the Dynamis unit had a great display you could see the 20 functions and which ones were selected. The NCE not so but otherwise happy enough TBH.

And I got the A Class headlight, the Engine room Lights, the shunting lights on (after about 20mins!!)

When switching locos using the 'recall' button this has never happened to me on NCE. I'll have to go into the train room now and try switching using the select loco button and see if this happens.

Tks Noel, I found out that the Recall button is to be used when you need to call up another loco without losing all the Functions you have set up on it like lights and sound so tis working grand now.

Just a bit of Getting used to.  need to read the book as they say and find out next how to get the big red stop button to work!

4 hours ago, Noel said:

When switching locos using the 'recall' button this has never happened to me on NCE. I'll have to go into the train room now and try switching using the select loco button and see if this happens.

That's weird quirk to be honest. I can use the recall button or key in the loco address on my Gaugemaster Prodigy and won't reset any functions.

Does the Powercab still have the 2 loco recall stack?

12 hours ago, irishthump said:

That's weird quirk to be honest. I can use the recall button or key in the loco address on my Gaugemaster Prodigy and won't reset any functions.

You can customise the size of recall stack. I have it set to six.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Noel,

Seen that and have increased to a whole 6 locos :/. 6 is Extremely Low number.  daft Stuff to have it set at 2,  The Roster is 40 on the Dynamis.

Have used it now for past to days, TBH I prefer the Dynamis, I hate the way you can't see what Functions you have set going on a loco above 6, IE Say Water Pump on an MN and if you cant remember what function it is its pot luck to go through them all. See the screen shot of the Dynamis and the Functions (f Numbers) pop up on the LCD screen when selected. 

Secondly I now have a Hornby 08 and Baccy Class 24 where the sound not working properly, I might have to drop down the CV63 to 120 from what I read.

I like the Handhold of the unit and Wheel and other throttle options, I don't like that the Stop button does not stop the hole layout but the loco your are on at the time

A Plus Also the Signal Does not drop as it is directly connected with a wire as opposed to the Wireless Dynamis which was driving me nuts.

If Baccy revised a Dynamis with 30 Functions I would of bought that.

Mmmmm wonder if I should of saved me cash and bought something much more capable like a Z21

image.png.6bd7ec59e1745d4b152ea45a7a162068.png

15 hours ago, irishthump said:

I found out that can stick in 6 Locos on the unit to Recall database which is a fairly small field TBH , using those 6 the the selected functions wont drop.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

6 is Extremely Low number.  daft Stuff to have it set at 2,  The Roster is 40 on the Dynamis.

Yeah the Prodigy has 16, but only remembers 5 if the unit is powered off. That doesn't really matter though.

To be honest when I was upgrading my DCC system I had narrowed it down to either the Powercab or the Prodigy and after some research the Prodigy won hands down. The recall stack was a big factor, back then you could only expand it to 6 locos if you sent it back for a firmware update, glad to see you can now increase it yourself even if it is only to 6! The Prodigy also has considerably more power than the NCE which only has 1.5A compared to 3A for the Prodigy.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Well that's that then. 

Original concept was not going to work for exhibitions being a one man band plus the cabin was too damp in the end.

I had some interest in people to buy the layout but the hassle was not worth the time so all the track and gubbins were stripped.

So I have invested in the installation of a 30x10ft shed which hopefully will house a permanent layout in a 20x10ft section (still wondering why though given the crazy cost of modelling these days)  and an office /  Modelling section in a separate partitioned  10x10ft section. All insulated inside. coming soon!

I hope to re-use the base boards for a 8 x 2 ft Austrian HOe layout.

Cabin has gone off to its second life as a tool shed.

20230818_125753.jpg

20230801_150601.jpg

20230801_150610.jpg

20230818_124604.jpg

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 7