Lima MK1 CIE Orange & Black

Rate this topic

burnthebox

38 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

This is the jinnet that had the coach pack for £395 but has now reduced it to £297 after I told him it will struggle to make £250

They do say god loves a trier, even so I’m wondering what is causing the increase in the price of Irish models from the UK, is it BRIXIT...are they just getting rid of their Irish stock because of Taxes....

BTB

• 2 weeks later...

I was bidding on eBay for a 071/111 that eventually sold for £250 + P&P so there are people out there willing to pay.

I later picked up one from DC Kits for £170 + £15 P&P. A bit steep compared to a regular Irish Rail 071 but at least not in the crazy territory like this one:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Murphy-Models-Irish-NIR-Blue-Class-071-111-Locomotives-MM0111-Great-Northern/143464873871?hash=item21672c3f8f:g:hy4AAOSwG8ld46hT

I'll have 4 x Lima CIE Mk1s unboxed for sale early in the new year myself.  Maybe this guy will be willing to do an exchange for his 111? They're of roughly equivalent value by these standards.....

• Like 1

sweet jesus - 350  sterling for a 111......

then again I did the blow the guts of 700 yoyos on 2 J15's this year so I won't be throwing any stones......

there must be a market for these models at these prices .......or is that the same one thats been sitting there all year?

the lesson would appear to be to get in when the model is in the retailers after launch..............its a small market that would appear to be getting bigger in some aspects which should be great news for manufacturers - if a little frustrating for those of us trying to pick up past models at vaguely "standing in front of the missus and being within an asses roar of justifying  this purchase" prices................

I would love to get my hands on MM 141 in B&T or Supertrain - but they are as available as hens teeth at the moment and when they are its hard to justify the inflation from original RRP.....then again - after this years splurge - I'm a happy meal away from bankruptcy so there will be little to no "train"  purchasing next year ( the As and 121s already squared away financially).

In a way this price inflation will hopefully encourage the production of more runs of models......we could have it worse!

Edited by Edo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Edo said:

I would love to get my hands on MM 141 in B&T or Supertrain - but they are as available as hens teeth at the moment and when they are its hard to justify the inflation from original RRP.....

Hattons have one in every six or nine months. I picked one up for GBP £98 in like-new condition a few months back. I see the scalpers (that's what the Hot Wheels collectors call them, at least) asking for twice that on eBay.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Hattons have one in every six or nine months. I picked one up for GBP £98 in like-new condition a few months back. I see the scalpers (that's what the Hot Wheels collectors call them, at least) asking for twice that on eBay.

Thats interesting..thanks for that

I haven't really looked very hard in fairness - maybe with the A's and 121s coming on stream this year - some folks with "excess" stocks might be tempted to cash some in for re -investment purposes.............maybe!

Edited by Edo