A's, B's & C's

Rate this topic

Mike 84C

What colour would the cab interior have been  on A, B,  C class diesels when they were painted in the light green livery? Difficult to tell from the photos I have browsed.   I am not sure I want it to be green but knowing Inchicore .............! that's my luck!

9 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

What colour would the cab interior have been  on A, B,  C class diesels when they were painted in the light green livery? Difficult to tell from the photos I have browsed.   I am not sure I want it to be green but knowing Inchicore .............! that's my luck!

Most old photos I've seen its a sort of beige colour, so I suspect it might have been back then.

• Like 1

The A and C class were all cream inside. 121s were very light grey as were any 141s I was ever in. I don't remember what B101s were like inside as I only ever had one footplate ride in one.

I have pics of the inside of a C somewhere, but I will have to search. If and when I come across them I will post them.

I have a notion that the very oldest ones, the B113 duo, had cream upper and mid brown lower, like the cab of a steam engine, but again I would have to do some considerable delving!  The G class were light grey lower, cream upper, as at Downpatrick, as far as I remember.

E class - I'm not sure, but the DCDR could help - I think light grey. Again, I've a photo SOMEwhere!

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, DiveController said:

IE Loco Cab at C & L Dromod

The cab of the preserved A55 at hell's Kitchen which ic can't say hasn't;t be altered in the preservation but supports @jhb171achill's recollection

Castlerea Roscommon Ireland 19th June 2010

Yes, that beauty in Hell's Kitchen has the cream of the A & C classes, and the 121 cab has the grey seen inside the 121, 141, 181, G & E classes.

The control desk was black instead of blue, of course. Never blue.

4 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Yes, that beauty in Hell's Kitchen has the cream of the A & C classes, and the 121 cab has the grey seen inside the 121, 141, 181, G & E classes.

The control desk was black instead of blue, of course. Never blue.

Hence my 'disclaimer'. I was pretty sure it wasn't blue although it looks good, black is it in the prototype. Thanks, Jon

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DiveController said:

IE Loco Cab at C & L Dromod

Photos like this, always remind me of how lucky I was to have met MrsB all those years ago. If I hadn't, this amongst other things would more than likely be sitting in my kitchen on display now.  

• Like 1