Which sound DCC chip for which 121

Rate this topic

Wexford70

47 minutes ago, Wexford70 said:

Hi guys,

I know there has been discussion about engines being changed on the 121s

Can some more knowledgeable member tell me which sound DCC chip is suitable for each of the 121s becoming available?

Thanks

The murphy models chip. As to EMD 645 or EMD 567 variants, It depends on what livery loco you buy. Most ears cannot tell the difference anyway. 645 would be more recent liveries such as IE/IR Tippex, 567 would be grey and black and tan liveries, supertrain could be either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wexford70 said:

Hi guys,

I know there has been discussion about engines being changed on the 121s

Can some more knowledgeable member tell me which sound DCC chip is suitable for each of the 121s becoming available?

Thanks

Hi Wexford70,

See the discussion below for guidance!

Thanks,

Fran

1 hour ago, Noel said:

The murphy models chip. As to EMD 645 or EMD 567 variants, It depends on what livery loco you buy. Most ears cannot tell the difference anyway. 645 would be more recent liveries such as IE/IR Tippex, 567 would be grey and black and tan liveries, supertrain could be either.

i would think this would be the best policy trying to find out which engine is in which is difficult at this stage or just leave the 121/141 with 567 sound chips and 181's with 645 .

Edited by flange lubricator