1st Bangor MRC Show this weekend

Rate this topic

Kirley

40 stands of layouts/displays - no trade due to the archaic nature of the organising club

Its not up to us how any show is organised and this remark is totally uncalled for. If you don't like don't go.

This show is about displaying are hobby to the public and the club always seem to have a lot of young people involved.

No, it's because all funds from tickets go directly into supporting the church. And I can't see any trade stand doing that.

I think the church would survive without the Model Club income!! The church should be thanked for the support it gives the club through supplying premises, heating and lighting.

I would have thought that perhaps traders might be let in provided they paid a fee - like at car boot sales, many of which are held on church premises all over the place.

Having said that, it's entirely the business of the church concerned to lay ground rules for who may or may not attend. As others have said, they deserve credit for their commitment to this event in the past.

40 stands of layouts/displays - no trade due to the archaic nature of the organising club

I have just returned from the 1st Bangor MRC and feel I must respond to the above comment which I feel is very unfair.

I spent the morning at the exhibition spread over 4 halls and a great number of layouts. The atmosphere was very cordial and relaxed, allowing time for a bite to eat put on by the MRC. For a modeller this gives the chance to chat to the stand holders about the hobby and experiences. It should be noted that MP for the area Lady Herman was also visiting the exhibition as a show of support which I thought was a very nice touch. The fact no trade stands there did not spoil this experience in any way and in fact probably saved me a fortune. I would like to congratulate Bangor MRC and would recommend anyone to visit this highly enjoyable exhibition.

Attached are some photos of the exhibition. 20160528_134425.jpg

20160528_123310.jpg

20160528_123318.jpg

20160528_123321.jpg

20160528_123346.jpg

20160528_125937.jpg

20160528_125941.jpg

20160528_125946.jpg

20160528_132926.jpg

20160528_132937.jpg

20160528_132942.jpg

20160528_133024.jpg

20160528_133029.jpg

20160528_133037.jpg

20160528_133046.jpg

Enjoyed my visit to an excellent Show by 1st Bangor MRC. I was joined by The Derry Road and we met up with John with his Campbell Riverside Depot layout.

The layout I spent most time with was the Ulster MRC who showed one based on Lisburn Station. Only 'Irish' Stock was running today and included were 3 Class 80's and an MED Set built and painted by a sign-writer back in the 70's. The were donated to the club lately by his widow.

IMG_3507.JPG

IMG_3510.JPG

IMG_3513.JPG

IMG_3514.JPG

IMG_3517.JPG

IMG_3518.JPG

IMG_3521.JPG

Tony Ragg's Octavia Hill layout

IMG_3525.JPG

Willian Redpath's Moria Station layout

IMG_3527.JPG

Part of Moneygawn layout where the model-maker has cleverly used fine net curtain for his security fence.

IMG_3533.JPG

Some BCDR stock including 6 wheeled coaches.

IMG_3534.JPG

IMG_3536.JPG

Another 'grand day out'.

I forgot to mention we also met up with Nelson who was running his family layout. He is about to undertake an exciting project but I'll leave it to him to tell you about in his own time.

Edited by Kirley

A really good day at 1st Bangor's exhibition. Well-done to all the team for their hard work. Kirley, your company was very much appreciated, thank you. Nelson's project sounds exciting but will have to wait, I'm sure he'll disclose its content in his own time. I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get a moment.:-bd

TDR

Hello all,

I just want to say a huge thanks to everyone who come over and had a chat with us (there were a lot of you). The show itself was very good and I have to also say thanks to the first Bangor MRC for their superb support. I've uploaded some pics of the layout in layout thread here, http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/3115-Durham-Railway?p=89744&viewfull=1#post89744

Here's to next year!

Nelson

Edit: with regards to my next project, It won't happen any time soon, so don't get too excited please haha.

Just want to say thank you to the First Bangor Model Railway Club for inviting me to exhibit my Campbell Riverside Layout. Had a great time and it was nice to meet other fellow modellers, old and new. Lots of good quality layouts on display.

Regards

John