-
Posts
5,004 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
59
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Galteemore
-
A fair number in the companion GSWR book, but these vary enormously in utility for modelling purposes - not all are dimensioned. @seagoebox will be able to advise!
-
Exciting news of a new volume on MGWR locos. This will be a corker. Released next week : preorder from Transport Treasury
- 15 replies
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
Quick and simple project - create an SLNC lorry out of an old Solido Citroen. Everything stripped and repainted. Converted to RH drive too! No photos survive of SL lorry fleet that I have seen but here’s an interpretation based on their bus livery. Little bit of tidying up to do but almost there.
- 582 replies
-
- 13
-
-
Custom 3D printed Aluminium class Peckett “Tyrone”
Galteemore replied to Jamie Davis's topic in Irish Models
That’s terrific work - well done. For longevity I think wire would work well for those corner pillars.- 5 replies
-
- 3
-
-
-
- 009
- narrow gauge
-
(and 5 more)
Tagged with:
-
Wow just wow. But I know my limits. It’s most interesting and I’d love to know the story behind it. The builder clearly envisaged it as being in pre-20s form; capped chimney and green paint….
-
"Voiding the Warranty" - Mol's experiments in 21mm gauge
Galteemore replied to Mol_PMB's topic in Irish Models
That’s a very nice patina indeed. Even the smallest and least ‘accurate’ live steam loco of this kind has to be very well engineered to work at all. Much as I dislike that light green, whoever put hundreds of hours into making it has my respect ! -
"Voiding the Warranty" - Mol's experiments in 21mm gauge
Galteemore replied to Mol_PMB's topic in Irish Models
Make sure @jhb171achill sees that GWR livery. He loves faithful livery interpretations like that -
"Voiding the Warranty" - Mol's experiments in 21mm gauge
Galteemore replied to Mol_PMB's topic in Irish Models
Very nice. The ‘see-through’ frames are a big part of the original’s look so worth doing. I had made BlackLion’s inner tender frames as solid strips but it really changed the loco’s appearance for the worse, so I fretted some space which made a huge aesthetic difference -
"Voiding the Warranty" - Mol's experiments in 21mm gauge
Galteemore replied to Mol_PMB's topic in Irish Models
-
TMD/SSM MGWR "W" / GSR J26 / CIE "551" 0-6-0T
Galteemore replied to Horsetan's topic in Photos of Models
I’ve got a 7mm kit just arrived. I’m in…. -
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Great video Patrick. Fabulous model but think a backscene would finish it off ! -
"Voiding the Warranty" - Mol's experiments in 21mm gauge
Galteemore replied to Mol_PMB's topic in Irish Models
-
"Voiding the Warranty" - Mol's experiments in 21mm gauge
Galteemore replied to Mol_PMB's topic in Irish Models
559 gets my vote. Those W and T cabs must have been comfy but are aesthetically horrible ! -
Thanks everyone. I may try and get her running some day but at least I have another 4-4-0 which scratches the itch. And am working on another …..
-
-
Clogherhead - A GNR(I) Seaside Terminus
Galteemore replied to Patrick Davey's topic in Irish Model Layouts
Very atmospheric. And the best CIE livery of all -
Excellent Alan. Until I started into this game I’d never realised that ‘fettle’ was a synonym of ‘frustration’
-
I promised in a post to @Warbonnet to show my next loco this week. So here we are. Some years ago I was so struck by @Colonel’s Wolf Dog MGW 4-4-0 at a show that I decided to build a small 4-4-0 of my own. I picked a GNRI J class, as sold to the SLNCR in 1921 - Glencar and Black Lion (yes spelled as two words). Now eventually finished after almost 5 years of intermittent activity. Although it has run, I have decided to take the (very pricey) motor and gearbox out and keep it as a static model for various reasons, not least the fact that it’s out of my chosen period. I also made various silly mistakes in its construction which are now coming back to bite me. One was putting the hornblocks at the back axle - another was trying to copy the original’s frame profile rather than simplifying with flat frame tops. These have caused a few snags that would probably be best resolved with a new chassis. I just can’t be bothered with that right now! So into a display case it will go. It’s a significant model despite its many flaws. For one thing I think it’s the only model in existence of a J class, which was the ancestor of every other GNR 4-4-0. For another, it’s a unique blend of Irish loco kit designers. The smokebox and boiler are altered Alphagraphix JT etches. The cab and splashers are Worsley - perhaps his last ever Irish design. Tender body scratch, as are both loco and tender chassis. Massive thanks to @Paul 34F whose drawings helped immensely. For some reason this old thing reminds me of an illustration in the Sammy the Shunter books……
- 582 replies
-
- 12
-
-
-
At one time the line at Whitehead would also have given the partial impression of right hand running. The old tunnel line remained in situ for a while after the line had been operationally singled. So it looked as if the down trains were running RH.
-
Thanks Paul. EDN numerals for a dark green coach I think. I’ll take your advice for what’s needed for an ex MGW 6w c1955
-
This is most interesting. I have a few 6w ex MGW coaches to build. Am dithering about GSR maroon or green…..I have suitable GSR style transfers (LMS but they’ll pass) but no CIE green numerals. If only someone had some 7mm CIE number transfers ……and the RAL no for the green
-
Oh that’s horrible Alan. Same thing happened to me this week as I reassembled my latest loco. If you are not a loco-builder, it’s worth knowing that accurate rods are the foundation of a loco’s good running so anything that goes wrong with them is always distressing. Great solution
-
Thanks Paul. It would be the Sligo pilot I’d be looking at so no extended cab. If necessary I’ll do the large numbers but I do like the plates !
-
Most interesting. Any survive c1957 with small bunker and plates on the tank sides rather than painted numerals ? Asking for a friend….
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)