-
Posts
5,004 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
59
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Galteemore
-
Take a picture of a train in 1943 and you’d be in Crumlin Road as a spy! Drew Donaldson and Bob Clements were investigated by the Gardai for just such behaviour.
-
The net result is very impressive.
-
Wow. And rightly so. This layout stands alongside the best quality stuff you see here on the big island. It’s often the way with great layouts like this that everything’s made by one pair of hands - and eyes - somehow it all blends seamlessly to make a convincing scene.
-
A campaign has started on You Tube to support local model shops
Galteemore replied to Dawn Quest's topic in News
Thanks Fran thanks Fran - understood and no offence meant! I don’t tend to follow FB and there’s clearly depths here that a nuclear sub could operate in. On the subject of online politeness it has to be said - as I have observed before - that you are a very notable exponent of dealing gently with fools! I’ll stick to posting what I know a little more about ….announcing my own new loco later this week. Although there’s only one and it won’t be sold anywhere - retail or direct! -
A campaign has started on You Tube to support local model shops
Galteemore replied to Dawn Quest's topic in News
So the OP has revised and refined their opinion, presumably in the light of new evidence ? Such behaviour is to be encouraged I’d have thought - it’s a sign of intelligence and graciousness surely ? Commentators in the media field would tell us that online communication is often characterised by people stubbornly clinging to simplistic analyses and not being persuadable! -
That’s most interesting- it was a local for me 2015-2023. I also used AGR in Leighton Buzzard and Transport Treasures in Aston Clinton (shut c2021). The latter one I could actually walk to. Glad to hear J20 is still going. These places are great for stuff like paint and plasticard section which one often needs to see rather than buy at a distance.
-
Yep. When I do a major project now I have to buy everything up front just to make sure - last thing you want is to finish a loco and find that the gearbox you’d planned it round is suddenly unavailable …..
-
I had very little time for him until I saw some of the 3d stuff he’s designed and produced himself, including working locos. As Neil Postman would point out, the video medium doesn’t really lend itself to gravitas.
-
Changed days at Chatham !
-
It’s quite straightforward- just get various curved rods and off you go. Secret is to keep the curves gentle and just gradually change the radius
-
What tended to happen was wagons were loaded for each station and then dropped off/collected en route. The unloading would happen by station staff in slow time after the train had left.
-
Brilliant. FOB Cable.
-
-
Ah the old classic - single concertina wire…..very nice
-
This is one of my favourite tools to facilitate accurate punching. Most satisfying to use. https://chronos.ltd.uk/product/optical-centrepunch-2/ Had to remake a tender chassis several times when I got the levels wrong - it’s so annoying!
-
Very nice! Waterford and Tramore or MGWR?
-
C130s were occasionally to be seen over NI but even a Herc would struggle to fit on an HLS like that !
-
That’s coming on really nicely. Getting a chassis smooth can be so maddening.
-
Manufacturers: DCC Concepts is now Layout Concepts
Galteemore replied to DJ Dangerous's topic in News
Microprocessor shortage caused it significant problems and it had gone into administration. Glad it’s survived in this form -
Latest info from Rapido. Definite Irish possibilities https://rapidotrains.co.uk/ly-class-25-ironclad/
-
Or the SLNCR ;). An NIR 111 is called ‘Great Northern’
-
You’ve certainly always been most considerate to me at shows
-
If you can produce stuff like that you can do brass!
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)