Cavalex Models

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Who are Cavalex models?

They aren't mentioned here too often, something about having to abandon a loco project because Hornby re-tooled their own version, but that's it.

I saw a video somewhere, and it appears to be too guys named Cav and Alex.

Hatton's don't appear to stock their range.

Think Cavalex have been around a bit longer than Accurascale but I'm open to correction. Used to check their website for regular updates. The loco project you refer to is the Class 91, Hornby released the said version last year but judging by the reviews it fell short so it's a pity Cavalex didn't get to produce their own. Cavalex looked at the numbers and decided it wasn't a viable proposition. They'll be producing the Class 56 which has an interesting history, some of which have been re-engineered as the class 69 (a model of which Bachmann have the license to produce). Will be interesting to see what their first locomotive [class 56] is like. You can't buy direct from them and they sell through a limited number of stockists so this, I'm guessing, doesn't help their cause. Hope this was of some help to you.

• Informative 1

12 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Thanks!

I'd never heard of them until a year or so back, and never seem to see their products for sale anywhere.

I used to watch the Jennifer E Kirk YouTube channel and think that's how I heard of them as it may have been her who did a review of one of their models. There was a video of a model railway exhibition and they mentioned that they were doing the Class 91, was tracking the progress of the model that's how I found out that they had cancelled the project and the reason for it.

• Informative 1

Rails of Sheffield and Rainbow Railways stock Cavalex models. They started off doing the pay 50% up front and then 50% when the models were in tooling and dealing direct. They seem to be working with retailers now and not selling direct. Their forthcoming class 56 is only available from retailers. They have also done some retailer exclusives - PFB Warflats for Trains4U and various HAAs (unfortunately duplicating Accurascale) for Trains4U and KMS. The other models they have done are the Redland PGA, BBA steel wagon and Total TEA. The BAA was well received and a second run was done and sold out. Their stuff was hard to get as they generally did not make much more than was pre-ordered and so it sold out very quickly. They have a Bardon JGA hopper wagon in the works.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

• 4 months later...