South Dublin Model Railway Exhibition 2023 List of Exhibitors and Traders

Rate this topic

DartStation

On the move early on Saturday morning 6 30 bus from cork easons O’Connell street model rail November issue was in bought it dart to booterstown and walked to venue good show Irish railway models stand was excellent for engaging with the public nir carriages intercity livery were superb detail was excellent and Irish railway preservation society carriages excellent have them on pre order nice bargains at the second hand stalls I got the Lima ie executive maroon colour mk 3 pack of 2  and 4 pack in a cardboard box Bachmann Royal Mail res coaches for €100 the wife was happy with the seating for a cup of tea and the wide aisles; some nice layouts got my 2 day Warley tickets happy days

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Popped into the show for a quick hour today

Not as many layouts as former years but some really nice ones. These two in particular caught my eye

image.thumb.png.804ad9d4550919ec8148c20d6037e4f6.png 

image.thumb.png.8b76ea09338715267c6f041fa32f0ec5.png

A feast of Murphy Model Baby GMs due to hit the shelves very soon will make many happy as they missed the first batch of 141/181s released back in 2007/2008. MM also have a plentiful supply of rereleased 071s due soon including NIR Blue IR freight grey. MM mk2 stock soon to be released looked fab, same tooling as last time except for updated bogies and the orange paint colour is the right shade. They look fab. Mk3 stock including push pull commuter trains with DVT also well in the pipeline.

image.thumb.png.9cd03bc2011e6f25c5ce122ecfaab447.png

Relative new comers will also be pleased to hear about the forthcoming releases of 071s and 201s in various liveries

image.thumb.png.5749ce2094a31ff009440017bb49d046.png

IRM 22k DMU (ICR) samples looked well. Interesting design with the removable window panels. Hope the production versions are easy to open for the placement of seated and standing passengers. The IRM Park Royal coaches were the pick of the day for me, they just looked superb. The PRs looked the bees knees and the cats whiskers squared.

image.thumb.png.3fdf1582d53e3c41b010f1fd86166b81.png

Well done SDMRC with the cafe and snack food eating area. Visitor catering at last at the Dublin show. Met some old acquaintances and WMRC pals. Witnessed only one horrific derailment but thankfully not fatalities and no LLPs (little layout people) were harmed. Only had an hour but it was enough. Purchased some PW wagons from Leslie.

• Like 6

Just to say a big "Thank you" to Paul and his willing team who put on a terrific show over the weekend.

It was great to meet a load of guys from this forum who not only made themselves known, but also emptied my Bagged Cement Van boxes.

I'm happy to report that the Ulysses delivered Richard and I safely to a rainy Holyhead and that Richard single-handed drove us to Reading - dreadful weather throughout - so wet that we couldn't have exchanged seats without getting drowned. Record early arrival - 6am and straight to bed until midday! Richard has just reported in that he's safely home to Ipswich after much detouring due to roadworks etc. As usual, we are both whacked, but happy that we made the trip.

Thanks again, SDMRC, and all who bought my wagons.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

Just to say a big "Thank you" to Paul and his willing team who put on a terrific show over the weekend.

It was great to meet a load of guys from this forum who not only made themselves known, but also emptied my Bagged Cement Van boxes.

I'm happy to report that the Ulysses delivered Richard and I safely to a rainy Holyhead and that Richard single-handed drove us to Reading - dreadful weather throughout - so wet that we couldn't have exchanged seats without getting drowned. Record early arrival - 6am and straight to bed until midday! Richard has just reported in that he's safely home to Ipswich after much detouring due to roadworks etc. As usual, we are both whacked, but happy that we made the trip.

Thanks again, SDMRC, and all who bought my wagons.

Leslie,

You are very welcome, weekend went well and very positive comments have been received - a big thank you to our sponsors - Irish Railway Models , to all the trade and exhibitors and the general public for attending - all the traders were happy with the weekend which is good to hear. 

To Last Lap Cafe for feeding the public - this went down a storm. , as we were not able to provide refreshments to the public in previous years.  

I have made my list of improvements for the next show in 2025.

Thank you to everyone who have supported our show over the years. 

Paul Reynolds

Event Manager  

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, DartStation said:

Leslie,

You are very welcome, weekend went well and very positive comments have been received - a big thank you to our sponsors - Irish Railway Models , to all the trade and exhibitors and the general public for attending - all the traders were happy with the weekend which is good to hear. 

To Last Lap Cafe for feeding the public - this went down a storm. , as we were not able to provide refreshments to the public in previous years.  

I have made my list of improvements for the next show in 2025.

Thank you to everyone who have supported our show over the years. 

Paul Reynolds

Event Manager  

Well done Paul and Team - a great model railway exhibition!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1