South Dublin Model Railway Exhibition 2023 List of Exhibitors and Traders

Rate this topic

DartStation

Evening All,

To Avoid any confusion I am posting the list of Exhibitors and Traders attending our show here as a separate topic:

Here is a list of Exhibitors and Trade  stands (in no particular order) attending our show this year in Blackrock College 28th,29th & 30th of October Sponsored by Irish Railway Models.   

List of Exhibitors,  28 – 30 October, 2023 SDMRC Exhibition – Blackrock College

Exhibitors

South Dublin Model Railway Club - ‘Kildare Town’ - OO scale Irish Layout

North Down Model Railway Society - ‘Molesworth’ - OO scale Layout

Dave Wynne - ‘A Glimpse of Austria’- HO scale Layout

Robert Chester – BR Diesel Depot - OO scale Layout

Irish Railway Record Society – Photographic Display

Mark Adamson - N scale European Layout

Ulster Model Railway Club – ‘Galloway Road’ - OO scale Scottish Layout

Nicky Cox – Dioramas of Irish themed Railway settings

Adam Berry – OO scale Layout

Wayne Thomas – Irish OO scale Layout

John Dooley – OO scale Layout

Adrian Jackson – Ado's Model Buses 

Xenofon Chatzidimitriou – Diorama of scratch built 1/24 scale Lisbon Tram

Derek Farrelly & Jim Poots – Model Buses, kits and paints 

John Keenan – Model Buses display

David Rowe – Model Buses display and sales 

Railway Preservation Society – Promotional Display

Wexford Model Railway Club – ‘Scullt’s Dock’ – OO scale Irish Layout

Model Railway Society of Ireland – ‘Ardmore’ O gauge layout

T-Trak – Large Modular N scale Layout

MERG – Developers of Electronic control devices for Railway modellers

Herbert Alexander – ‘Over The Hill’ – Compact OO scale Layout

O’Dunlaing Family – Large LEGO display

Dave Bolger – Dublin Model Car Club Display of RC racers

International Plastic Modelers Society – Display of their models

Bill Garrioch – ‘Carrickfinn’ - OO9 scale Donegal Layout

FREMO – Large Modular HO scale Polish Layout 

Dougal McFarlane – ‘Morceaux’ – HO European Tram Layout

South Dublin Model Railway Club – ‘Belle Eclaire’ HO scale French/European Layout

South Dublin Model Railway Club – ‘Mittenwald’ Small HO scale European Layout

Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind – Sales to generate funds to Irish Guide Dogs 

Trade stands

Des McGlynn – Models and Book sales

Times Past – Model Railway Supplies

Mark’s Models – Everything for the hobbyist.

Murphy Models – Latest OO Irish release updates  

Provincial Wagons Sales/ Richard McLachlan brass kit building demos 

Dave Linfield – Model Railway Baseboards and Sales  

Brian Collins Enterprises & Martin O’Hanlon – Sales

Chris Dyer – OO Scale Irish Model Sales

Una O’Grady – Everything for Dolls Houses

Tailte Tours – Railway tours in Ireland 

Railway Preservation Society of Ireland - promoting and supporting railway preservation in Ireland 

Downpatrick and County Down Railways 

Irish Railway Models – The Latest in Irish (and UK) Quality Railway Models

Margaret Byrne – ‘Top Choice’ Embroidery sales

Peter Williams & Friends – Promoting Cavan & Leitrim Railway and Thomas and Friends will make an appearance.  

Joe Barlow – Model Railway and Scenic Supplies

Gerry Murray – Modelling Supplies

Ed O'Neill - Irish Retro Poster sales

Gabor Evenich – G Scale Models – Modelling Supplies

Note: list may change without notice but these are the confirmed attendees at present.

Edited by DartStation
poster change
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

I've started my packing up of kits for selling at Blackrock.

As usual, if there's something which you want, please let me know and I'll set it aside for you.

To save me needlessly bringing "Northern stuff" over, if any of you want "NCC "Brown vans" or "Spoil Wagons", can you let me know, please. I plan to leave them in the UK.

You see, I need the space in the vehicle as I'm also bringing half of Bob Sankey's 7mm Irish trains, en route to clubs in Ireland.

Thanks in advance

and thanks for the interest shown in the new RTR vans. The "Broken Wheel" one was made, on schedule, on Monday and should be with me by Thursday, when I'll post a photo.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

I've started my packing up of kits for selling at Blackrock.

As usual, if there's something which you want, please let me know and I'll set it aside for you.

To save me needlessly bringing "Northern stuff" over, if any of you want "NCC "Brown vans" or "Spoil Wagons", can you let me know, please. I plan to leave them in the UK.

You see, I need the space in the vehicle as I'm also bringing half of Bob Sankey's 7mm Irish trains, en route to clubs in Ireland.

Thanks in advance

and thanks for the interest shown in the new RTR vans. The "Broken Wheel" one was made, on schedule, on Monday and should be with me by Thursday, when I'll post a photo.

Well I will definitely be taking some of those broken wheel ones Leslie! Safe travelling!

• Like 1

I will be selling on behalf of Warley Model  Railway Club advanced tickets for their show at the end of November at the NEC, Birmingham. Not only are the advanced tickets cheaper than on the door, they also give you access to the show 30 minutes ahead of the general doors opening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

I will be selling on behalf of Warley Model  Railway Club advanced tickets for their show at the end of November at the NEC, Birmingham. Not only are the advanced tickets cheaper than on the door, they also give you access to the show 30 minutes ahead of the general doors opening.

How will you accept payment?

The Downpatrick & County Down Railway will have a stand in Room F, next to Táilte Tours and near Chris Dryer and Irish Railway Models. We'll be selling Irish railway books, DCDR memorabilia, memberships, and a few models (as well as a small surprise if it arrives in time!) All funds raised will go to DCDR for the restoration and maintenance of our rolling stock and track. Cash and card accepted!

• Like 6

You'll find Richard and I in Room C - we're Stand 14.

Over half of the run of Cement vans have gone, I'm delighted to say. Quite a few already in the post to new owners, including a certain gent in the Canaries.......

Richard has done transfers of the Crests of several large Irish railway companies - GNR, DNGR, GSR etc. On sale on my stand mini sheets at €5 and maxi sheets at €10.

Come and say hallo and let me know WHO you are - it's nice to put a face to a name (or pseudo name!).

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

You'll find Richard and I in Room C - we're Stand 14.

Over half of the run of Cement vans have gone, I'm delighted to say. Quite a few already in the post to new owners, including a certain gent in the Canaries.......

Richard has done transfers of the Crests of several large Irish railway companies - GNR, DNGR, GSR etc. On sale on my stand mini sheets at €5 and maxi sheets at €10.

Come and say hallo and let me know WHO you are - it's nice to put a face to a name (or pseudo name!).

Leslie

I hope that everybody who goes to your stand says "I'm WestCorkRailway"!

🤣

Hi everyone,

It's show prep day so just one final post ahead of the show to inform you all that all stock on our stand for sale this weekend (excluding the Crossley Sound decoders, but we will do a smaller deal there if you ask!) is 20% off the RRP! 

Please note that stock on the stand will be limited to what our cars can carry (not a huge amount) so if you want the bargain please get to us as soon as you can. This will also include some Accurascale items such as locomotives and wagons. 

See you there!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • WOW! 1

1 hour ago, DonderBlitzen said:

I did, 141s end of January. Re run of 071s and 201s with some new paint schemes. Can't remember when the coaches are but further on in the year. He mentioned something else in the works but couldn't remember what it was at the time.

Lovely stuff!

More 071's and 201's will hopefully take the wind out of the sails of the used market.

And great news that the 141's will arrive after Christmas bonuses have been paid!

😁

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 22/10/2023 at 1:50 PM, Craig said:

Euros or Sterling?