Distance between tracks

Rate this question

burnthebox

Question

15 answers to this question

Assuming your using OO gauge then the distance between track centers should be 67mm. That is when using normal Peco or Hornby settrack.

The distance can be around 50mm when using more gentle curves and points, but should always check that your longest pieces of stock can pass each other on your tighest curves.

Assuming your using OO gauge then the distance between track centers should be 67mm. That is when using normal Peco or Hornby settrack.

The distance can be around 50mm when using more gentle curves and points, but should always check that your longest pieces of stock can pass each other on your tighest curves.

Thanks irishthump, & yes I forgot to mention I'm planning in OO gauge, also will have to watch those bends,

The centre spacing for express points (long ones) is 50mm centres -the spacing for shorter points is 67mm centres. This is what you can fit on a two foot board, with a scale 201 thrown in for scale purposes. Richie.

Track_Spacing_Template_Glenderg.jpg

(I can see fellas eyein up ikea shelves now trying to get Inchicore on em! =)))

Edited by Glenderg