LIMA Murphy Models

Rate this topic

WRENNEIRE

Jays, all the British HO tooling must have been chucked so. I wonder is there anyone modelling British outline in HO?

Some of the plank wagons are tiny. You could nearly repurpose them as narrow gauge.

The funny thing is that the HO stuff is scale accurate for the track it runs on.

Some of the HO bits were reshod with OO couplings

2 come to mind from the Irish range

The 4F loco and the Sundries wagon

I picked up one of those wagons (not with sundries on the side) with the OO couplings, quite like the length of it, I'll put it behind something.

• 2 months later...

A small amount of our MRSI Anniversary OO gauge wagons have recently come to light and we are offering them to members of this forum

Priced at €15 each they are of a limited run of 250

If interested please PM me and I will arrange for payment and pick up

Ideally if they could be picked up at the next Stillorgan show , this Sunday, any Sunday that the Bray Wheelers show is on, next one is Sunday 17th Sept or finally at the forthcoming 3 day SDMRC show in Blackrock on the October Bank Holiday weekend 28, 29 30th

Q3xC5rS.jpg

Was going through some old magazines and came across this in the March 1976 edition of 'Model Railway Constructor'. It is Lima's proposed A Class model, which looks a lot more A class than what was eventually released. It seems to be a hand built body at least, any idea of its origins, Dave? HO scale too...

Lima HO Class 33.jpg

Its a strange one Fran, Lima entered the British market in 73, and by 77 they had moved from HO to OO

HO sets with the Class33/A Class were in the shops late 76 early 77 so I am at a loss as to the history of this model.

I stuck up on Facebook too and someone responded saying it was a heavily modified FS model. Lovely bit of scratch building!

• 2 weeks later...

The loneliness of the long distance train collector :SORRY:

I was at the Enniskillen show yesterday and a chap picked up a boxed Lima/MM mk 2 coach

Took it out of its box and turned it around

No second stripe on the reverse side, pal was not impressed, thought I was trying to fob him off with a dud.

I have this coach at shows for the last 12 months or more and never checked it out

It now sits in pride of place ( or will when I can open the press) in the collection

These are the little gems that keep us collectors happy!!!

Window has just been blemmed with Windowleen

mC4xSls.jpg

e3iwWtG.jpg

sVbes0f.jpg

EE7QrwJ.jpg

Edited by WRENNEIRE

Got up early for you people

I was so excited I couldnt sleep past 10am

So, its a HDI Jouef set.

It has a couple of odd features though

Made in Irelande, my other sets have Made in Ireland

Guaranteed Irish sticker, who remembers the Guaranteed Irish programme in the late 70's

Also has HDI on the sticker, never saw this before

Contents are listed in English, other sets have them listed in French/German

Instructions for Traffo in French

JG2Dup2.jpg

JxeafTO.jpg

7KiZ1Hz.jpg

eb8gueY.jpg

O1bOsyY.jpg

Back to bed now I think

Under the "If I tell you I will have to kill you " rule I cannot answer that Fran

But there are now 2 new Lima Cadet wagons with picture box's , rather than the numbered box's in the collection!

Couldnt be arsed taking them out of the cabinet so hopefully this pic will show the difference

Still looking for a third numbered box if any of you collector types have one lying around

RragBJD.jpg

Jaysus, that's a rare one. Kinda reminds me of an older lady with only one eyebrow painted on. . .

Sounds like the regular clientel in Sack's Nightclub (or Barry's if you were slumming it).

Ah the old Fiat 127, much cooler looking than the 128.

Congrats on the Joeuf Wrenner, though if Santa gave me that back in the day, I'd have taken a contract out on him. :)

Edited by Weshty

Sounds like the regular clientel in Sack's Nightclub (or Barry's if you were slumming it).

Ah the old Fiat 127, much cooler looking than the 128.

Congrats on the Joeuf Wrenner, though if Santa gave me that back in the day, I'd have taken a contract out on him. :)

I'm still waiting for santa to bring me mine!:(( hear that Dave! there is always this year!:-bd

Probably need one of these as well

KvzHWTa.jpg

laLkHRB.jpg

Hi Dave. Beautifully built and finished maroon GSV, but that's the GSV layout of RPSI B&T 3185 (BSK) rather than their maroon 3173. Does anybody have side on photos of both sides 3173? Thinking of bodging one from a Bachmann BCK

RPSI 3173 (BCK)

26453815223_982b54b0e2_b.jpg

Bachmann BR Mk1 BCK

bachmann-39226c-br-mk1-bck-brake-composite-corridor-maroon-oo-gauge-9050813-0-1457631782000.jpg