Revival of DFDS liner

Rate this topic

Hi lads,

I took these videos of the recently revived DFDS liner this evening on the Lavistown loop in Kilkenny and at a level crossing a bit down the line as it was too dark to film the liner without lights by the time it moved off the loop. The liner arrived at the loop at about 5:50 and finally departed at around 7:05. Thanks to ttc0169 for the times/days of operations of the DFDS. Sorry about the big shake in the first vid, I was zoomed in when the driver blow his horn.

Seán.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpCjqtbfTJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53wkKC9Ffto

Caught 084 hauling the liner today, a great sight to see on the line, and hopefully a brighter future for freight-flow!

[video=youtube;jIUxeUm-ccM]

I had to run to catch it though and was out of breath by the time I took this shot, that's dedication for ya! :rolleyes:

'I had to run to catch it though and was out of breath by the time I took this shot, that's dedication for ya! '

or a sign that you are completely unfit!! :rolleyes: great clip there kilkenny - thanks for posting. i never get tired of hearing that engine with the revs up!

I think it's a bit of both really =)) I'll give you that one! Yeah, I just hope this freight-flow lasts long enough for that to become a familiar sound, you can never tell though!