MK3 scrapping Dundalk

Rate this topic

Killucan2

are we not discussing mark 3s? no?

As the thread title says: Mk3 scrapping at Dundalk. Not North Wall, not Waterford, or your layout.

Any further correspondence on this issue should be taken up with either myself, Boskonay or Warbonnet via private message to avoid bringing this thread any further off-topic.

Just picked up a book today, Irish Railways: Locomotives, Multiple Units and Trams. It was published in late 2013 and in it it claims that a Mk3 DVT and a few standards and cafe coach are reserved for the West Clare Railway for use with 124.

DVT 6105 and Cafe car 6402 at North Wall, 6301 and 6305 at Dundalk are reserved for preservation.

6306,08 and 13 are at Dundalk, all the rest of the push pull stock has been scrapped already. The 11 other Mk3s at Dundalk are EGVs 7601,12, a restaurant and 8 standards.

• 2 weeks later...
What's wrong with putting pic's up ED?

garfieldsghost's warning from page 1

As the thread title says: Mk3 scrapping at Dundalk. Not North Wall, not Waterford, or your layout.

Any further correspondence on this issue should be taken up with either myself, Boskonay or Warbonnet via private message to avoid bringing this thread any further off-topic.

Has to be about Mk3s at Dundalk only. While they are good pics of years gone by they are still OT.

garfieldsghost's warning from page 1

Has to be about Mk3s at Dundalk only. While they are good pics of years gone by they are still OT.

Correct. While we truly value cotributions such as those great pics we like to keep things as tightly on topic as much as possible as it helps finding things for reference later on. For example, I spent 2 hours looking for an old thread the other night as the information I was looking for was in a topic completely removed to the subject matter I was after. It's to help everyone in the long run.

The pics have been moved to a new topic in a relevant area. We would ask all members to think 'is this relevant to the topic title or would this be better getting a new topic all on its own?'

Anyway, pictures now here http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/2877-final-years-of-the-mk3s