class 201 different livery

Rate this question

richrua

Question

13 answers to this question

I saw a 201 at york rd today with a different livery . appeared silver with a thick black stripe. Was driving so no photo! Whats the story with the livery ?

Like this?

16760349768_1ce6575989_c.jpg8209 passes Portlaoise, 27/7/15 by hurricanemk1c, on Flickr

It's an unfinished version of the new Enterprise livery. There should be photos of one of the finished locos in some of the links in the prototype photo section:

http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/46-Photographic-Website-Updates?p=68750#post68750

Indeed, 206 is in the more complete livery, as seen at Portarlington:

16493745790_9e21e81601_z.jpg

8208 is the next one, currently in the works at Inchicore.

Visually it is not bad at all. The black might have been better as a dark grey to better contrast with the maroon. However, I'm not a fan of wavy patterns on trains. Passenger trains look better with horizontal colour schemes in harmony with their longitudinal shape and should be bi-directional.

Visually it is not bad at all. The black might have been better as a dark grey to better contrast with the maroon. However, I'm not a fan of wavy patterns on trains. Passenger trains look better with horizontal colour schemes in harmony with their longitudinal shape and should be bi-directional.

The debate on the livery already took place here: http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/3675-New-Enterprise-Livery/page7

Indeed, 206 is in the more complete livery, as seen at Portarlington:

16493745790_9e21e81601_z.jpg

8208 is the next one, currently in the works at Inchicore.

Thankfully I'm long past the psychedelic age, whether this is good or bad is entirely up to the individual, so what the hell is wrong with Green, & maybe Tan, or Black & Tan, or all Black, or all Gray, I say get it & paint it the colour you want,