Graffiti.

Rate this topic

Graffiti is an odd thing - graffiti often attracts more graffiti.

Those who know Stoke on Trent will be familiar with the A500 (D Road) that runs through it - it's been there for forty years in what is a fairly run-down city - I noticed recently that there is virtually no graffiti anywhere along it, yet it is the sort of place that you might expect lots.

I once repainted a birdwatching hide that was plastered with graffiti - there was a really good bit in the centre of one wall and we painted round it and left it there. We got lots of criticism for doing that, but my prediction that there would be less graffiti as a result was true - there was hardly any new graffiti for many months afterwards. I'm sure that it would have been revandalised a lot quicker without our little token gesture.

I have to say I see graffiti as exceptionally ugly in absolutely all circumstances. The "banksy" character, and all his empty headed aerosol-fuelled moronic followers are all of the one ilk; they should have their arms cut off.

The two idiots caught at Inchicore should have been made to clean graffiti all over the icy for a month. The scumbag who kicked the security guard should face a sentence - that's assault.

And they have the gall to try to pass it off as an "art project"!!!!!!

I'm with you on this one, JB! And a kick in the head has a high probability of a serious injury and definitely gets prison time here. No one should have to volunteer to work for IR after causing this much damage to their vehicles which are paid for or subsidized by your taxes. He should have a compulsory sentence of six months cleaning every piece of graffiti from everything IE can find, so that he can fully appreciate his fellow artists reapplying their creations on a nightly basis.

EDIT: Re-reading another source, that's actually what did happen pretty much:-bd

Edited by DiveController

Graffiti is an odd thing - graffiti often attracts more graffiti.

Those who know Stoke on Trent will be familiar with the A500 (D Road) that runs through it - it's been there for forty years in what is a fairly run-down city - I noticed recently that there is virtually no graffiti anywhere along it, yet it is the sort of place that you might expect lots.

I once repainted a birdwatching hide that was plastered with graffiti - there was a really good bit in the centre of one wall and we painted round it and left it there. We got lots of criticism for doing that, but my prediction that there would be less graffiti as a result was true - there was hardly any new graffiti for many months afterwards. I'm sure that it would have been revandalised a lot quicker without our little token gesture.

Tolerance to Graffiti is a good example of the Broken Window Theory of criminology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

I don't know about Ireland but lot of graffiti and tags is tied up with street gangs marking out their territory. Tagging a piece of rolling stock looks like a way of laying claim to another gangs territory.

Exactly, minister.

Policing resources are thinly spread in all western democracies these days as the citizens vote for any party that drops tax, without any thought of the consequences of a smaller public purse. So these idiotic morons will continue to flourish.

It's good that these particular wastes of space have been apprehended; hopefully an empty DART will run over the rest of them.

I have to say I see graffiti as exceptionally ugly in absolutely all circumstances. The "banksy" character, and all his empty headed aerosol-fuelled moronic followers are all of the one ilk; they should have their arms cut off.

The two idiots caught at Inchicore should have been made to clean graffiti all over the icy for a month. The scumbag who kicked the security guard should face a sentence - that's assault.

And they have the gall to try to pass it off as an "art project"!!!!!!

An "art project" (sic) with violence attached? That's a new one.

Graffiti is basically a waste of perfectly good paint.