Class 121

Rate this topic

Alan564017

42 minutes ago, Mayner said:

playing around with a sound equipped Murphy Models 121

savage Mayner thanks man this confirms what i has thought myself about the Zephyr Express, and i as i said the only proper loco i have is a Murphy 121 for the min so, so far this is selling me on the Zephyr Express  lol. thanks again for the info

i actually forgot i bought a this a https://uk.hornby.com/products/hm6000-app-based-analogue-control-r7292  a few weeks ago but didn't realize i needed an extra power supply at the time🤦‍♂️, do you think this would get me out of the hole I'm in with the 121 and get it moving while i wait for my dcc controller to arrive because it recon it could be the new year before it arrives from America, thats if i buy that one that is.

No worries @Geeb:)

I haven't used Digitrax myself but from what others say it sounds like a good choice :) Most of the decent controllers (€200-€300) should last you years.

i like the idea of controlling the majority of the point work myself manually with toggle switches on a layout map but it would be nice to have some on the controller also.

This is what I do, I am a software developer by day so prefer to keep as much analogue as possible on the layout (while also loving DCC :) ) You can see my control panel in the first post here - scroll down 4 or 5 photos: 

• Like 2