Deltic in 4mm, By Accurascale

Rate this topic

BosKonay

7 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Not really but what a great suggestion!

geberalky tops is later and we have them sortable by era classifications too 

So if I sort new to old on the website, it's the models rather than the prototypes, that I'm sorting?

Are all of the TOPS ones the same sort of age?

8 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

So if I sort new to old on the website, it's the models rather than the prototypes, that I'm sorting?

Are all of the TOPS ones the same sort of age?

Correct. You’d be sorting new products to older. On the left hand side there are broad eras and each model should list some details about when modeled 

Yes. Headcodes went about 5 years after TOPs came in. BR was fairly simple in terms of its livery range during the Deltics’ lifespan - green then blue; the ‘regional’ and ‘sector’ liveries such as NSE came later.

AFAIK TOPs came c1971, five years after BR Blue came in, so you can find blue locos with preTOPs numbers. The only big livery variant among the class as a whole, I think, was that locos allocated to Finsbury Park after 1979 had white cabs. There are doubtless subtle variations I have missed - and such fittings as train heating will indicate if a loco is modelled as being preserved and in a retro livery, rather than being presented as in built condition. 

When I travelled the ECML from 89-93, you could still see the old Deltic depot at FP, abandoned and growing full of weeds. 

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 1 month later...

So, after a total journey of 30,000 miles since their birth, my two Deltics d9006 and 55003 have arrived here in rural Tasmania, without a SINGLE detail part loose or missing (I know I have been extremely lucky given the level of small detailed parts).  The locos are breathtaking and sound is amazing.  Thank you so much lads at Accurascale/IRM for an amazing product.

i knew after buying a pile of A’ s this would be a special product and it sure is. Role on more from you……..

John in Tassy

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/6/2022 at 12:23 AM, BosKonay said:

Not really but what a great suggestion!

geberalky tops is later and we have them sortable by era classifications too 

Did you guys ever look at adding a prototype "Age" sort option as well as the new vs. old model?

Did the remaining Deltics ever clear in the Irish warehouse?

Hi Guys,

As you probably know already, I'm too miserable to spend money building my own model railway layout so I keep discovering videos of some fantastic stuff on YouTube. Check out this guy [Neville Grove], he has loads of videos uploaded and uses realistic sound also. This will make you want to buy loads of Accurascale Class 55s.

• Like 2
  • WOW! 1

• 2 months later...

Mine finally arrived Today, Nimbus with sound. Nice one!

Rushed out to the shed at lunchtime found it is the only Loco in my Stable with Derails at 2 spots plus a clicking sound from the bogies. Generous enough Curves too and the Similar bogie'd 31 / 201 no issue.

More investigation needed but similar to this. from 5.43min

My own Vid below also included. Any one else come across this? I don't see any fixes on the nett at the mo.

• Like 1

Looking at another lessor known forum some surgery is required. seems to be the Kinetic Couplers (not a great fan of those as the Murphy Mk.2's ones and some of the IRM bogie flat wagons don't like recentre) causing the issue.

See the profile is changed on the top bar in the piccy below.

Screwdrivers are the ready....sometime when the bench is clear of stuff.

image.png.03699520dd4481a6e5b384a79f7ff188.png

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Brake chains?

Nah! they were on the yoke when it arrived, One fell off already on its first lap.

• Informative 2

Decided to give it a go last night and the result is an engine that does not fall off the track. bit frustrating and fiddly to do especially the spring element as that was expected to ping off into the universe, however it did fall off on to the track thankfully on the 1st test run post-surgery and was put back in where is has stayed put.

Only thing that was missing was one of the chain attachment part that hangs off the body and the chain get fixed to . 2 foot steps had broken off and re set

To do this I looked at the coupling and removing the buffer beam it looked like I could slip the coupling out without removing the body and that was the case. 2 screws for the Buffer Beam and out it pops, 3 Screws for the Kinetic Coupling and out it slides, just watch that Spring!! Sand down the profile of the main part and re sit. 

Only thing now it does not like 3rd rail!!

Beast of a Model, the weight is something altogether, the cab lighting is unreal along with the engine room lights, Etched footsteps too!. Sound is immense too even just idling! 

Delighted to have now the 1st two loco from the IRM /Accurascale stable in the fleet.

Think that is me full to the brim with UK Locos now, just one more to come and that will be the Leader from KR. 

20221020_193422.jpg

20221020_193524.jpg

20221020_192640.jpg

20221020_193614.jpg

20221020_192651.jpg

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Informative 2

25 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Well my love affair with the ECML has ran into trouble as I am Afrad the Deltic performance has tailed off.

I has been run in forward and reverse. Tried the CV settings suggested on RMWEB but no difference so set them back to the original settings.

Headcode flickers

Set speed and it slows up and down

sound crackles when the speed drops down

Derails occasionally (BTB's are fine)

Bogie still annoyingly click.

In the Vid it is full speed and I don't touch the controller so something is amiss.

It's a Lovely finished model but I am afraid it will have to go back.

Looks like a warranty issue George, have you contacted accurascale support / warranty rather than just posting all over the internet?