Funding the upcoming "A" class

Rate this topic

spudfan

Right, with D Day fast approaching some serious thought has to be put into how to fund the purchase of one (or more;)) of these desirable items.

I figure that with every advance order received by the boys in head office, a return e-mail could be sent. Instead of a receipt it would be a "threaten to kidnap note" unless X amount is paid over. This could be sent to the e-mail address used by my nearest and dearest. I am just trying to figure out how many "A" classes the Mrs would think I am worth... 

Next I need a plan to fund a 121 ...or two...or three...

Ideas will be most welcome.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, spudfan said:

Right, with D Day fast approaching some serious thought has to be put into how to fund the purchase of one (or more;)) of these desirable items.

I figure that with every advance order received by the boys in head office, a return e-mail could be sent. Instead of a receipt it would be a "threaten to kidnap note" unless X amount is paid over. This could be sent to the e-mail address used by my nearest and dearest. I am just trying to figure out how many "A" classes the Mrs would think I am worth... 

Next I need a plan to fund a 121 ...or two...or three...

Ideas will be most welcome.

Have you considered volunteering for some clinical trials? It pays well, and even with the risk of having to put up with the side effects involved, such as dizziness and diarrhoea, surely it's worth 2 or even 3 IRM A class locomotives.  

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Yes indeed an expensive year ahead for modellers with both the IRM/AS A class and MM 121 locos arriving in 2019 (not to mention the Deltic). All drinking from the same limited well. But what a wonderful complaint to have. We've never had it so good with high quality Irish scale models. Happy days having the nice problem of balancing 121s with A's. I guess I will choose more A's than 121s as 121 weren't as populous hauling trains as the other GM locos and especially the A's which dominated the 60s and 70s until the 071s took over much of their duties. Right up my era. :)

Edited by Noel
I can't spell due lexdysia
  • Like 2

Fill in your profile here:

”Male, aged 61, looking for wife ideal age 19-23. Must be able to drink, keep house, cook, clean and have 5 children. Must be able to bring up children, cook and provide snacks, pizzas and drinks for the lads after the pub on Friday and Saturday nights, must be able to give lifts home from pub, must be knowledgeable about railways and must possess a layout with a continuous main line run of not less than ten metres.

Please enclose photograph.

Of layout...”.

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Fill in your profile here:

”Male, aged 61, looking for wife ideal age 19-23. Must be able to drink, keep house, cook, clean and have 5 children. Must be able to bring up children, cook and provide snacks, pizzas and drinks for the lads after the pub on Friday and Saturday nights, must be able to give lifts home from pub, must be knowledgeable about railways and must possess a layout with a continuous main line run of not less than ten metres.

Please enclose photograph.

Of layout...”.

so you havn't read...2R76wvy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

Obviously some of you guys have never made it plain to the partners in your lives just where they stood in the pecking order.

Before I got married, I took The Boss on a Portrush Flyer, then didn't sit with her so that I could get a milepost seat.

The honeymoon was two weeks behind the Iron Curtain bashing very obscure steam, followed by a week in Vienna so that she could visit her many friends there (and I could bash Austrian steam while she was with them).

It wasn't my fault if she hadn't got the message by then?

Getting back to paying for the  locos and the stuff I'm producing this year (just a hint, you realise!). The Church had a solution  - join the Total Abstinence guys (The Pioneers?) or become a Methodist!

Either way, NOT drinking 3/4 pints a week will pay for everything that comes out this year!

Just remembered, Lent's starting - give up booze for Lent and that'd pay for an A Class, at least. Get your partner to give up chocolate for Lent and you can have a rake of Ferts as well?

No charge for the advice!

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

Now, Leslie, we can all do with a good bit of advice from time to time, especially in the realm of those female women of the opposite sex.

We could all even become Methodists, if it meant cash for a new loco.

But ye can't be serious about giving up three - or even FOUR - pints!

That's a bridge too far....

• Funny 2

CIE was obviously extremely proud of its new ‘A class’ diesel trains heralded by a sun-burst and shamrock.

Like other posters aimed at the north American market, the aim was to stress modernity of transport.

my comment, the loco looks like IRMs Cad drawing, whats going on ?

spacer.png  Signed Curran. c.1950.

https://www.museum.ie/Country-Life/Exhibitions/Previous-Exhibitions/Come-Back-to-Erin/Ireland-Welcomes-You