Vandalising railway stock

Rate this topic

heirflick

have a few coaches that i used to practice weathering on and not having them going to waste, i will use them in a proposed scrap line. to make it like the real thing windows will be smashed...

anyone of you bowsies got other ideas on how to vandalise stock-apart from grafetti?

smashed windows 007.jpg

smashed windows 006.jpg

smashed windows 005.jpg

smashed windows 004.jpg

smashed windows 003.jpg

smashed windows 007.jpg

smashed windows 006.jpg

smashed windows 005.jpg

smashed windows 004.jpg

smashed windows 003.jpg

Nice vandalism there Seamus,now I could be a vandal myself as I butchered a nice bachmann class 20 a few years back as I thought it would

fit my MIR white metal 141.God I made a hens a**e of it:confused:,and still have the damm think on a shelf in the shed to remind me of me vandalism.:mad:

I suppose I am a bit hard on myself as this happened before I had the internet or even knew anybody that was into model railways,unlike now

where plenty of advice is always on hand:o

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice job; love the smashed windows. There's always a danger of going overboard, but of course it's personal preference. I've photographed a lot of withdrawn (albeit British) rolling stock and I don't recall seeing many without graffiti of some description. There are some transfer packs ranging from simple tagging to the more elaborate artistic variety below:

http://railtec-models.com/catalog.php?type=5&gauge=4mm&xfer_region=2&xfer_type_trackside=1

...Personal choice but they may just finish the job off. Some graffiti can be heavily weathered whereas other examples can be left relatively untouched, thereby giving the impression that the vehicle has been languishing for quite some time and "decorated" over a sustained period. Other possibilities may be to accumulate rubbish or other odds and sods in the doorway area. I've seen numerous withdrawn coaches which have effectively been turned in to storage of all manner of things. If you're feeling adventurous you could also model a coach with fire damage.

Hope this helps!

...Personal choice but they may just finish the job off. Some graffiti can be heavily weathered whereas other examples can be left relatively untouched, thereby giving the impression that the vehicle has been languishing for quite some time and "decorated" over a sustained period. Other possibilities may be to accumulate rubbish or other odds and sods in the doorway area. I've seen numerous withdrawn coaches which have effectively been turned in to storage of all manner of things. If you're feeling adventurous you could also model a coach with fire damage.

Hope this helps!

Also, maybe rusty rails, weeds, rubbush etc under the coaches to give the impression that they haven't moved for some time,

steve- some great suggestions! the boarded up windows is one i never thought of..and could be done easily-though in reality i have never seen it down here. fire damaged stock does tend to light up my emagination!!!(couldnt help that one!). the grafetti looks the dogs- will definately order some. great pics by the way and thanks for the reply!:tumbsup:

josefstadt-the rubbish under the stock is one i would never thougt of...thanks!

garreth, that comment about the scrap yard in mullingar will be a reality on my proposed layout shortly. it seems like yesterday when the yard was in full swing cutting up a rake of E class shunters and railcars! if only i had a camera back then!:((

A nice touch on a layout might be a heavily vandalised coach, and beside it a van load of cops pinning the yobs, spray cans and all, against the side of the coach while they put cuffs on them! I saw alayout once at an exhibition and a detail outside the station showed a parking warden arguing with a driver who was parked on a double yello line... looked well!

• 1 year later...