Ordering from IRM - PLEASE READ!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi Everyone,

Recently we have seen a spate of orders with a mixture of pre-orders and current stock together in one order. Can we please ask all customers NOT to do this in future? This creates untold confusion for our warehouse staff, and orders that are waiting on an item to come in for say 6 months before dispatch means you miss out on your other items for 6 months and it can get oversold on our website. 

If you are placing an order with us, please do it via the guidelines below:

1. All items currently in stock can be ordered together in one order, there is no problem there.

2. Do NOT order pre-order items and in stock items together (example, an A Class and bubbles)

3. Do NOT order two different models on pre order together (example, A and Guinness Kegs when they are opened for ordering)

4. If placing a pre-order, you can place multiple of one type together (such as a couple of A's) 

We have placed numerous advisories on the website about this, but they seem to be getting missed out. We really dont want someone missing out on a pre-ordered item as they get lost in the ether if mixed with other items. At the end of the day, we dont want you disappointed. Going forward we will be cancelling and refunding any mixed order that comes in. 

We hope the above is clear. If you have any questions please let us know. 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 3
  • Informative 3

No problem and thanks for the heads up. Just out of curiosity can your commerce suite not detect this automatically when adding items to a basket? (Ie prevent a mix of stock and no stock preorder items into a basket like amazon does). There may be a way of fooling the system into effectively doing this using product tags like perishable goods, etc, or product groupings, etc. I fell into this trap by ordering a b&I container and fertiliser on the same order but stephen kindly split the order for me after I spotted my mistake. It may be a pain in the neck for you guys but kind of a good problem to have as evidence of your product portfolio ramping up and exponential business growth. 

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

No problem and thanks for the heads up. Just out of curiosity can your commerce suite not detect this automatically when adding items to a basket? (Ie prevent a mix of stock and no stock preorder items into a basket like amazon does). There may be a way of fooling the system into effectively doing this using product tags like perishable goods, etc, or product groupings, etc. I fell into this trap by ordering a b&I container and fertiliser on the same order but stephen kindly split the order for me after I spotted my mistake. It may be a pain in the neck for you guys but kind of a good problem to have as evidence of your product portfolio ramping up and exponential business growth. 

Hi Noel,

No, there is no way for this unfortunately. We have tried, hence this request not to mix orders.

Thanks,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/28/2020 at 10:20 PM, K801 said:

Hello,

Can the A class & 121 be ordered together?

thanks

We'd not recommend it no, as there may be a number of months between them. As postage is free on all orders over €50, we recommend ordering them separately. HTH!

Guys, 

Just noticed on your website, under Support - FAQ - Ordering, Payments and VAT - What payment options are available? that under 'Instant Checkouts', Amazon Pay is mentioned and their logo appears. 

Yet when you go to your basket and to checkout, this logo doesn't appear and there is no option to pay by Amazon Pay. 

Was there a plan to use this method initially and since it is not there now, do you have plans to implement it shortly? 

Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, Blu Bianco said:

Guys, 

Just noticed on your website, under Support - FAQ - Ordering, Payments and VAT - What payment options are available? that under 'Instant Checkouts', Amazon Pay is mentioned and their logo appears. 

Yet when you go to your basket and to checkout, this logo doesn't appear and there is no option to pay by Amazon Pay. 

Was there a plan to use this method initially and since it is not there now, do you have plans to implement it shortly? 

Thanks. 

Unfortunately It's available only to UK customers (like PayPal credit) we'll clean up the website to avoid confusion - thanks for pointing it out!

• 1 month later...

I ordered 4 x A Class in a single order (with nothing else) and got the warning but none of these are stock items yet, right? They all said "pre order" as far as I can recall. I just noticed this thread now. Maybe someone needs to check that all the A classes are correctly configured in the shop system unless some are actually in stock now?

I ordered the 4 IR tippex liveried ones.

Also, now that I'm writing about my order experience, I should let you know that the initial checkout screen is confusing as it lists the items ex-Vat which is not common in online retail. You see the retail price Inc Vat everywhere usually, from start to finish of the checkout process. Maybe it's intentional but it is unusual and I wondered what was going on for a moment.

Edited by murphaph
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

I ordered 4 x A Class in a single order (with nothing else) and got the warning but none of these are stock items yet, right? They all said "pre order" as far as I can recall. I just noticed this thread now. Maybe someone needs to check that all the A classes are correctly configured in the shop system unless some are actually in stock now?

I ordered the 4 IR tippex liveried ones.

Also, now that I'm writing about my order experience, I should let you know that the initial checkout screen is confusing as it lists the items ex-Vat which is not common in online retail. You see the retail price Inc Vat everywhere usually, from start to finish of the checkout process. Maybe it's intentional but it is unusual and I wondered what was going on for a moment.

Thanks for the heads-up murphaph!

The A issue looks like a glitch with the variants on that line, we'll get that cleaned up thanks. The preorder warnings were required as we had many instances of customers mixing orders for in stock and preorders or multiple preorder lines, causing confusion when the system waited until everything was in stock!

On the pricing, the website displays 'inc VAT' prices throughout, including the Cart, and checkout screens, as below. 

If for any reason you see not including VAT prices, it will be if the website can not identify your location (we show vat prices based on your location). In that case just log in, or provide your address and the system will add or remove VAT dynamically.

Hope that helps!

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 09.12.51.png

Ah maybe it's because it was my first order with you guys and I had yet to enter my address. I actually didn't notice or don't recall noticing anything on my second order now that you mention it.

Anyway I'm pleased you guys are doing what you're doing and wish you every success. I firmly believe the presence of a solid couple of companies doing RTR Irish outline helps everyone including the kit suppliers. I simply wouldn't have had the time to consider kit building everything for an Irish themed layout but now I can build a foundation of rolling stock based on your products and PMs too and then happily buy the odd kit to fill the gaps.

One thing that hasn't gone unnoticed is your very fair €5 shipping to those of us outside Ireland but still in the EU. That's much appreciated 😊

Keep up the great work.

Philip near Berlin.

Edited by murphaph
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I have a question. I have an order that is showing as fulfilled. Will I get an email to say it's been shipped or even the tracking number of the parcel? Shipping is to Germany.

Pop into Live Chat on https://irishrailwaymodels.com or drop support an email - while we are active from time to time here, it's a community, rather than a support channel :)

Ah wait, now I have it. When I just view the order summary after clicking "account" (I'm using a phone not a desktop, maybe desktop layout is different) then I just see "fulfilled" and when I click into the order from that list I see the items ordered and the shipping and billing addresses but nothing much else.

However when I click on the live chat I am prompted to select an order and when I do this I am redirected to a page with much more shipping information including an embedded Google map and the all important tracking reference link to royal mail.

Maybe that link could be added to the initial order details page. 

Anyway I know where to find it now and my cement bubbles are out for delivery today. Lovely stuff ☺️

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Lockdown is almost upon us, but do not despair! Our offices may remain closed, but we are working online and our online store will remain open during the next 6 weeks and we will still be able to dispatch our models to you via mail order!

We also have the forum here where you can chat to other like-minded modellers and pick up new tips and skills, as well as keeping up to date on all the latest news and releases. 

Finally, we will be taking part in the MRSI - Model Railway Society of Ireland Virtual Show 2020 this weekend on Facebook, and may even make a new announcement for it too (as is tradition at the Dublin show. Dont worry, we will have it on here too!) Be sure to keep an eye out on Saturday for that.

In the meantime, stay safe, keep positive and get chatting. If you want to add to the layout, check out our website for rolling stock, buses and detail accessories for those little projects to keep you occupied at home! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/

Cheers!

Fran (on behalf of IRM) 

• Like 8