hattons 6 wheelers

Rate this question

brianmcs

9 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, brianmcs said:

Those 6 wheelers in flying snail green would look great behind OO works J15 in ‘the quiet man’ mode

I quite like the look of the 6 wheel versions and intend to get a rake for the Sligo & Donegal Mk11, as being an independent company it would naturally have some of its own stock as well as stock working through from the CIE and GNRI systems.

They would need to be lettered up S&DJR which shouldn't be a problem transfer wise! 

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Those 6 wheelers in flying snail green would look great behind OO works J15 in ‘the quiet man’ mode

What about the LNWR carriages running as Dundalk Newry and Greenore stock? Well, I'm going for the LNWR. Their coaches were used on both the GNR(I) and LMS if my memory serves me correctly! Two foot rule, and, It's my Railway. Perhaps, it may also be possible to purchase the correct transfers for this situation?  LMS too!  Where? - NCC Lines and my imaginary line between Londonderry - Manorhamilton  and Sligo (LMS). A joint line shared by three railway companies to prevent the LMS from their proposed outright purchase of the Sligo Leitrim and Northern Counties from the Receiver.  CIE, GNR and LMS stock?  Now that would allow ones imagination to run a wild mixture of stock!!  Best of luck to each of you in these uncertain times.

Edited by Old Blarney
  • Like 2

Those will look good enough in "2-foot" rule, as others have commented, however:

1.  A convincing paint and weathering job would be essential - I would be concerned about them looking a bit toy-like otherwise.

2.  More importantly - is the panelling detail PRINTED on or embossed / raised / 3-dimensional? If the former, not much use in any paint scheme.

I emailed Hattons to see if the detail was raised. No answer, came the loud reply..............

While in ranting mode, despite the Covid situation and the attendant necessary shortage of staff to answer queries, it just beggars belief that so many businesses that one emails these days don't bother replying at all. This has happened to me so often in recent times, that I was actually surprised to get an answer to an email I sent to a crowd about a new garden shed, the other day. Do they WANT business? 

Rant over.

• Like 2

Ah!

Now THAT is nice. However, thinking in particular of Shapeways, often the computerised mock-ups are way better than the real thing... but i think that for any of us wanting to model the pre-1963 "green and grey" era, a few of these would be a godsend.

I will accordingly order one now. If I like it, I'll order more...........

Looking at the design, the closest relative they would have here would be GSWR. For the several of modelling the Mayo - Leitrim - Sligo area, that would fit, as they'd have come up the WLWR line!

What they are entirely unlike are GNR, DNGR (sorry!), BCDR or WLWR types. With a VAGUE but very satisfactory GSWR feel about them, the good news is that they'll do everywhere south of a line from Ballyshannon to Dublin!