Si2020's Workbench

Rate this topic

Si2020

HI all,

So I thought I couldn't keep posting up layout photos all the time so I've started a workbench thread so you can see what I'm up to, (fingers crossed its in the right place being mostly UK stuff)

The aim of this first post is to provice a contents list incase you want to refer back to any of my drivell or what to look at photos.

Cheers

Simon

Edited by Si2020
  • Like 4

I normally have a couple of items on the go at the same time to enable me to make the most of the time.

Here is a van that will be used on Thorne yard and Charwelton plus what ever else I build.

IMG_8084-scaled.jpg

Its taken a while to get to this point as its been painted with several coats of a faded blue with each coat being slightly lighter than the last. It still has several hours work to go before its finished

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Galteemore said:

That makes the work - esp on the tender - even more praiseworthy !

Thanks.

Next up is a Conflat P. I've had the kit for a few years now so before I make a start on the big winter build project i thought i would do this one as small filler build.

IMG_E8535.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Galteemore said:

A sheet of NS etches and a GW models rivet press - quality combo. Nice work. The GW press is a beautiful piece of machinery, once you get used to its little ways! 

I wouldn't be without it these days. I did get one of the gravity versions whilst I was at a show demoing after i forgot the GW one but even after marking on the rod where to drop it from I struggled to get the consistany right on the finished rivets.

Its one of those bits of kit that you look at it and think do I really need one buts its paid for its self about 30 kit builds ago.

So remember the tender chassis at the start well here is the body for it in a cruel close up

IMG_7920.thumb.JPG.ee87da93d794b5a0b1576b3cf22a7822.JPG

Edited by Si2020
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

My N version took a lot of filling and a second one sits haunting me or perhaps taunting would be better.   A fun build of something seen widely on the notwork.  I look forward to progress.

1 hour ago, RedRich said:

It's great to see such an amazing level of modelling on the forum Simon. Thanks for sharing.

Rich,

Thank you for the kind words guys

Edited by Si2020

8 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

My N version took a lot of filling and a second one sits haunting me or perhaps taunting would be better.   A fun build of something seen widely on the notwork.  I look forward to progress.

Ive got a part built one for my 2mmFS layout that I'm building. One shell is done and I really need to get on with the other one one to finish the unit off as the layout is provisonally booked to appear at a show next October and would look good sitting in the siding next to the signal box.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a couple of sound fittings come in recently. One was the new Bachamnn 94xx and Bachamnn 9F.

The 94xx had working lamps fitted bth front and rear with the rear one being able to show both white and red depending on direction of travel.

IMG_6359.thumb.JPG.3ceef7da386203981d12357d3b21eda3.JPGIMG_6360.thumb.JPG.28cb54d7bdcd077f30c6a191402da1f2.JPG

The 9F also had working lamps fitted with the lamps programmed to show either express passenger configuration or express freight. The top lamp will come on and off as part of the freight lamp code but can also be switched on and off as required.

It also had a rear lamp with both red and white being able to be shown and firebox flicker. Unfotunaty i didnt take a photo of the lamps working or the firebox flicker working.

IMG_6364.thumb.JPG.898941af030244c33361fcb5d4f8af50.JPG

IMG_6362.JPG

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Been a bit busy with things recently so not had much chance to post anything up.

Been working on this recently

IMG_8152.thumb.JPG.e4b1c0714debf245a363ef9430a8e88b.JPG

The chassis needs a bit of a clean up before the next step.

IMG_8151.thumb.JPG.9245a5fc66b5539892a004e039b8f4c0.JPG

Excuse the photo from the spray booth, it was the only place left to take a photo that doesn't have anything in the background your all not meant to see.

Thanks

Edited by Si2020
  • Like 2
  • WOW! 1

11 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Thought the layout was getting some knitting for forthcoming 92s.... 

Sadly not, They fall a few years outside the time frame for the layout at shows plus there are enough wires under it to prevent extra being added to the top ....... However thats not to say that if you stood line side you might see one or possibly two of them in photos and videos in the future 😉

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Plenty of fun with the knitting !  neat work and hopefully stutter free.

Robert   

Thanks Robert,

It ran find before (got a couple of good ones) but the person I fitted it for wanted a stay alive and it now runs for 20 seconds without the sound on across the bench.

• 4 weeks later...