Visiting home, what should I see?

Rate this topic

djkonore

Hey guys, I grew up in Ireland and moved to the USA three years ago. While over here I got in Irish model trains, joined this forum and haven't looked back since!

Anyway, I'm coming home for a visit from dec 28th - jan 9 and I'm wondering what might be worth taking a look at or if there are any event organized during that time frame. Also if anyone might be interest in meeting up for something train related ? I will have use of a Fer if I can keep it on the right side of the road!

Hey guys' date=' I grew up in Ireland and moved to the USA three years ago. While over here I got in Irish model trains, joined this forum and haven't looked back since!

Anyway, I'm coming home for a visit from dec 28th - jan 9 and I'm wondering what might be worth taking a look at or if there are any event organized during that time frame. Also if anyone might be interest in meeting up for something train related ? I will have use of a Fer if I can keep it on the right side of the road![/quote']

Use of a car I meant to say

For sure Anto! I was thinking I might bring my Cravens with me in the hopes you might get a chance to give them a light whack of your infamous weathering stick! Unfortunately I'll most likely be rolling up in my moms "Mitsubishi disappointment" I believe they're called. Lol.

That would be great, I was thinking a trip to downpatrick would be well worth a visit. Hopefully they'll have 146 or the A class running. Wonder if anyone else is interested?

Dave, I'll be staying in Naas. But as I said I'll have the auld ones car. I'll make a stop in Newry and drop off some rolling stock for the big fella to weather too. I'll surely drop into the Belfast model shop while I'm up that way too. Stick a deposite on a 071!!!

That would be great, I was thinking a trip to downpatrick would be well worth a visit. Hopefully they'll have 146 or the A class running. Wonder if anyone else is interested?

Dave, I'll be staying in Naas. But as I said I'll have the auld ones car. I'll make a stop in Newry and drop off some rolling stock for the big fella to weather too. I'll surely drop into the Belfast model shop while I'm up that way too. Stick a deposite on a 071!!!

Sallins station has a horrible new footbridge if you want to see some "modern architecture" at its best :D. You've probably been there before but Marks models shop in Newcastle is handy too if you fancy spending some money :). Stick to Haydens would be my advice :P

Sallins station has a horrible new footbridge if you want to see some "modern architecture" at its best :D. You've probably been there before but Marks models shop in Newcastle is handy too if you fancy spending some money :). Stick to Haydens would be my advice :P

Kildare got one too, hideous! Good for freight though, esp on a Thursday morning-lunchtime.

Call with Mr Bracken on your way up to me I'm sure he will do you a cracking deal on a new 071

Marks models has a shop in Newcastle? On the Naas rd?

• 2 weeks later...