Explosion at IE yard in Mullingar

Rate this topic

Garfield

It's easy to come across as reactionary, and unable to understand the youth, or forget that "ah, sure, we were all young once"

But, by God, if most of us on here got up to half what a tiny minority of people do now with absolute impunity because "they've a hard upbringing", "they've a drug habit" or "they have a really old iPhone and their friends laugh at them", we would have faced sanctions which would make us too afraid to even contemplate doing it again.

Crime figures were a fraction, because there was a deterrent. Today there's little deterrent to crime.

I'm away to rob a few houses. I need to fund a holiday because sure it's me right, isn't it!

It's easy to come across as reactionary, and unable to understand the youth, or forget that "ah, sure, we were all young once"

But, by God, if most of us on here got up to half what a tiny minority of people do now with absolute impunity because "they've a hard upbringing", "they've a drug habit" or "they have a really old iPhone and their friends laugh at them", we would have faced sanctions which would make us too afraid to even contemplate doing it again.

Crime figures were a fraction, because there was a deterrent. Today there's little deterrent to crime.

I'm away to rob a few houses. I need to fund a holiday because sure it's me right, isn't it!

Can you start at Wrenn's or somewhere? I need some decent Irish outline...

Disgraceful. Rural elderly people have enough worries to contend with, between rural crime, closure of Garda or PSNI stations, lack of public transport, doctors and hospitals..... without the activities of these worthless scumbags.

Incidentally, flogging in the Isle of Man were often carried out at the annual proclamation of laws at Tynwald Hill, near St Johns, the junction of the Peel and Ramsey lines. Did anyone ever see the massive operation the railway had to undertake in order to get huge crowds to St Johns on this day each year?

Of course if one of the gurriers got blown to atoms, there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth

Darwinian evolution, minister! The slow are eaten by dinosaurs and the stupid blown up by compressed flammable gases. It doesn't work out every time, of course. Did you notice how the cam switched from IR to day mode a couple of seconds later, not sure if it was the flash itself or someone turning on the outside light to see if the apocalypse had begun!