CIE Bulleid 12T Goods Van and Flat Wagon

Rate this topic

Kirley

can I ask what shade of brown you used

And type of paint ( enamel or acrylic ). really nice looking wagons, must make a start on mine.

John I used Halfords Red Primer and before the second coat dried it got a spray of Halfords grey primer from a good distance to take the edge off it. The roofs were done in same Grey primer and then a light spray of Railmatch roof dirt. I used the Railmatch on the floors of the Flats and used a cotton bud to wipe most of it off before it dried. All easy options rather than use the airbrush, I hate the whole cleaning process, 5 sec spray to 5 mins cleaning.

All easy options rather than use the airbrush, I hate the whole cleaning process, 5 sec spray to 5 mins cleaning.

Oh lordy lordy yes.

The voice of truth.

Interesting to hear from more experienced folk. As a newbie to airbrushing it took me ages to clean up the first few times, and I found it quite frustrating, but now I get the airbrush cleaned in about 2mins (i.e. after acrylics). Anyway Kieran those wagons look super and your creative use of the aerosols clearly worked very well. Love the tractor load.

Thanks for the comments Guys. As for the airbrush experience, I meant to include the preparation time and well as the after-cleaning. 2 minutes to stir the paint and then mix with thinners, 5 sec blast and then the cleaning. But I know it's the right way to do it.

Leslie, will you have any of the OOworks GNR locos to show off your GNR rolling stock with at Bangor?

Ah, Kevin,

Guess what? - I will have my UG pulling my stock!

See you guys there.

Just about to drive up from Dublin after a fruitful day in The Archives and eyeing up my next project which was in the yard at Heuston!

Leslie