-
Posts
535 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
8
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Dempsey
-
NS and CSX will not be impressed . Some American power will be on my target list in the future.
-
Didn't know Union Pacific had trackage rights at Tara
-
That is a brilliant idea and one I had not considered. It is definitely worth looking into for sure.
-
Thanks very much. I think the plastic card I used was from a brand call green stuff including the block work overlay.
-
Have a set just waiting weathering. I'm really enjoying building it.
-
Update. The first two pictures show the work to the internal scene within the large shed. Not yet finished awaiting figures, forklift, lighting and drums and pallets. The second pair of pictures show the shed with its basic paint applied and a test fit and clearance test of the canopy which over hangs the first track.
- 236 replies
-
- 17
-
-
-
There are a few more jobs to do internally before work begins on the outside such a the floor and detailing but overall for a first stretch build I'm delighted so far.
-
Some more work done today. This saw the addition of an internal wall which I noticed from the reference video. Painting of the visible wall which you will only be able to see after the roof is fitted.
- 236 replies
-
- 18
-
-
-
Thank you very much Rob. I'm happy with the progress so far. Lots more to come.
-
Layout Update. Today was spent constructing the sub structure of the large shed which will be central to the Layout
- 236 replies
-
- 20
-
-
-
Beautiful weathering
-
Where or how would you go about trying to find building plans specifically for the above mentioned. While I have a video of yard operations to draw from I don't know to what measurements to scale down from to begin building the structures. Any help would be appreciated thanks Chris
-
- 236 replies
-
- 13
-
-
-
Much appreciated thank you
-
For some perspective here are three keg wagons on one of the storage sidings I've been searching following your suggestion. Any idea where it might still be available as I've come up empty? Slow and steady rob, slow and steady
-
With most of the track having arrived save for the last three remaining pieces the track plan has begun to reach it's final stage. Some slight changes have been with some lengthening of curtain sections to expand the width as it seems too comprised. I think even though the changes are slight it makes a huge difference.
-
I offer a service in that regard if you wish.
-
Very high praise thank you very much. It is real cement dust. I had some trouble with it initially as ot was my first time using it but I'm happy and more importantly the owner is happy with the results
-
- 184 replies
-
- 17
-
-
-
Need to up my game. Thats good work.
-
I'm looking forward to seeing this scene develop
-
Layout update. Track has started to arrived with must of the points and the slight curved sections having been purchased. Having had the opportunity a few weeks ago thanks too @jhb171achill to meet various others from the hobby who were extremely helpful and more knowledgeable, the layout will be powered DCC wise by the NCE Powercab control system with points being operated by tortoise point motors. Also did a rough fit of the points leading into the yard. The unpowered scenic section leading off the board I decided to recycle some old hornby track and point I had has nothing will run on it and it doesn't need to be prefect.
- 236 replies
-
- 16
-
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)