-
Posts
5,004 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
59
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Galteemore
-
Tracked it down. RPSI PWI special was 1985…..https://www.geograph.ie/photo/3789663
-
Wasn’t there a special for the PWI with RPSI wooden stock, steam hauled with a number of loco changes?
-
They operate at the other end of the supplier spectrum to Hornby etc and production fluctuates! I am pretty sure I saw it at Scaleforum a few years ago. SE Finecast do a thin corrugated sheet which I think would be more amenable to bending than Evergreen sheet and certainly than Ratio’s toffee-like slabs.
-
IIRC Ambis Engineering do or did corrugated sheet like that. http://www.ambisengineering.co.uk/Products/Products_Index.htm
-
Those are top notch Ken. Instantly recognisable Irish prototypes and nicely finished. Will look wonderful when painted up.
-
Looks well so far. The cycling coach Dave Brailsford talks about marginal gains and the cumulative effect on a teams performance - the small steps that add up. This is a classic example of marginal gains at work. Every piece of point rodding, every ground signal, adds to the composite picture of Larne Harbour. The whole thing is coming together so well.
-
Thank you. I can enjoy the pictures properly now
-
That’s looking really good. Loads of atmosphere even without the exiguous buildings. Shouldn’t that distant be fixed at danger though ?;)
-
The NCC locos are very tricky - David Lloyd and Charlie Insley both say so ! They don’t have a normal footplate so the tanks are effectively the loco foundation. All the same I fancy a try some day, but have a few things in the mix first……
-
-
Thankfully MS still survives in part - the firm’s engineering division has become Whale Water Pumps.
-
What a treat - these are lovely. Quite a rarity too - shows what IOMR livery was like before the colour explosion of the Ailsa era. J I C Boyd argued that the Irish NG was far more akin to IoM than Welsh NG in its scale and practice, and the IOM Rlwy still allows one to experience something of what the Ballymena to Larne section was like with BP 2-4-0Ts.
-
Works here - can see it well.
-
-
I suspect it’s suiting fabric from the North. This happened on the SLNC. A crew was given such a bale to get across into Eire and hid it in the coal bunker. Someone at Enniskillen saw them do it, and gave Eire Customs a tip off - the white capped inspectors moved purposefully towards the loco at the Glenfarne customs stop. The crew quickly disposed of the hundreds of pounds worth of material in the firebox…
-
Looks really good. Modelling a real place is not always easy but most rewarding when you see the results emerging as they are here.
-
-
Brilliant stuff Ken. Also shows how important radius is in our efforts at conveying reality. I used a big radius crossover on my 7mm micro which consumed acres of space but I think looks more prototypical than a smaller radius and is worth the sacrifice.
- 279 replies
-
- 12
-
-
Great to see this coming together. These are the Burma Road type scenes I think I can just recall ….
-
Original 1863 era Dundalk and Greenore sign before the Newry extension. I’d say it was a boundary marker with the GN (or to be precise its D and B J R predecessor). Barrack St Dundalk is my guess.
-
It’s a generic sign often used in the repro/retro market. The only suitable currency for buying stuff like that is €3 notes…..
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)