Jump to content

Galteemore

Members
  • Posts

    5,004
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    59

Everything posted by Galteemore

  1. My dad has one on the way which he’s promised to pass on. IRRS photo archive is outstanding. A J Powell images recently uploaded include a wonderful shot at Drumshanbo depicting the lady of the house chatting to the loco crew whilst the loco injector is being used to fill a bath tub for her children!
  2. An unusual prototype and excellent deduction Ken. Nice model - like the varied position of the drop lights !
  3. Ok Jb - my attempt at dissing the one horse town of Fintona has clearly backfired (and even the horse left in 57!). However, you are quite right - it’s a good prototype. The options are really to make it as a small station goods yard or as a factory setting. I suspect the former would allow more variety.
  4. I was referring to Fintona post 57!
  5. And today’s entry in ‘sentences I never thought I’d hear’…..
  6. And closer to home…https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-8-10-12-14-16-Lazy-Susan-Round-Swivel-Rotating-Bearing-Turntable-Desk-Plate-/163240644955?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
  7. Yes - there were intense spoil workings then for construction purposes https://www.geograph.ie/photo/3505762
  8. And looks right at home. Like the front cover of an IRRS journal - great!
  9. I think 3 latterly. Second class had largely gone by the board by more recent times
  10. 3 is third class, 1 is first class and so on. By more recent times, a two step model was adopted and second/third became ‘standard’ class of various types
  11. I’ve used electro frog recently. Much more reliable - just need a little more prep when installing. Peco Unifrog points in code 75 offer option of both.
  12. If such a truck existed I think it would be out delivering A class orders right now! Great effort all round lads.
  13. That’s a really nice view of Sir Henry. Many close-ups exist of the class, and distance shots of trains in the landscape. This, however, is just far enough away to give a decent view and yet close enough to see some detail. What handsome engines they were. But I don’t want to build another one just yet!
  14. Great stuff Ernie. The blending of the suggestive backscene and the detailed foreground is well done. Recalls the Leitrim scenery I got to know as a child (pic is the river where my grandfather fished for salmon which then travelled by the SLNC - trackbed is a few hundred yards away).
  15. Have you tried Ian Sinclair’s UTA book? Many GN staff, for instance, would keep wearing the old company uniform for as long as possible. I will try and ask my dad what he remembers…
  16. Use Microsol solution ?
  17. Terrific. A pain to do I’m sure but hopefully worth it. There’s a real difference between a scenic train set and a real railway model (that’s not a value judgment btw!). No doubt which of the two this is!
  18. Something like this for a car ? https://www.uginjol.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=28344 and a bus ….https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklistdatabase/277688/sun_star_5008ss_bedford_ob_coach_in_royal_blue_and_cream/stockdetail.aspx
  19. Very nice. Remember that plinthed 131 very well. She was in steam on a test run today - not something anyone thought they’d see once she was ensconced on top of that concrete block!
  20. eBay ? Not sure how costs will compare with original quote https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Railways-of-Britain-Wheels-of-Industry-4-/254933715292?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0 2nd hand dealers like Bob Pearman also worth a look.
  21. Thanks ! Didn’t have the book to hand. Quite a nice location - good background, easy to access by train, and in those days a frequent procession of interesting movements.
  22. Can you compose a musical tribute, Patrick ? Metrovick Minuet, Crossley Concerto…..Air on An A Class….
  23. Thanks Ernie. Pic 2 looks v similar to a colour one on the cover of one of the Ferris books.
  24. And in the meantime we could all take a leaf out of WCR’s book as below in terms of recycling Hornby stuff etc. Don’t be afraid of kit bashing or scratch building. It is nowhere near as difficult as it looks. If you can use a knife and fork you already have the skills! It also gives you a much deeper awareness of how the prototype was built and functioned.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use